Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract)
Job no: 605403
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Validation & Verification
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
To continue to grow our capabilities in our established Research and Development Department, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on a 12 month fixed term contract.
In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by planning, organising and executing tasks and/or projects to support the product development engineering effort of the Implants Mechanical department and to improve the quality of Implants, and to maintain the compliance of products to International standards and regulations.
You wll also be responsible for the delivery of appropriately documented implant product and processes through conducting engineering analysis, mechanical design and development, verification & validation (V&V) and implementing these solutions.
You will have excellent Stakeholder management skills to ensure collaboration with the wider cross functional team, including Manufacturing & Logistics, Regulatory, Quality and Marketing
Other accountabilities include:
- Identify, understand and develop requirements
- Create plans to coordinate activities and mentor / influence other engineers and technicians when required to progress plan
- Prepare test plans
- Prepare test protocols and reports
- Coordinate build and delivery of samples (with NPI and production)
- Ensure safety and efficacy of devices through rigorous testing
- Execute V&V testing (in-house) or follow-up on V&V testing (subcontracted)
- Follow all relevant procedures and protocols
- Update and improve protocols based on learnings
- Support regulatory submissions by providing accurate documentation
- Work closely with other engineers to optimize designs based on test findings
Why is this role right for you?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to plan, organise, implement and control tasks that involve product development or a design change
- Understanding of mechanical testing
- Understand V&V principles
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong self and time management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
If your skills and experience are in line with the position we look forward to hearing from you
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now