Job no: 605512
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Microbiologist in our Manufacturing Engineering department. This person is required whilst another member of the Microbiology Team is busy on a 6 month project.
To be successful in this role you’ll be the first point of contact for production on sterilisation process and microbiological issues and will conduct testing and monitoring processes to provide sound analysis, solutions and technical feedback to stakeholders. You’ll work collaboratively with the Production and Maintenance and Calibration teams; and Production Managers responsible for NPI (New Product Industrialisation), D&D (Design and Development) and Q&R (Quality and Regulatory) to ensure regulatory and industry standards are met and/or actioned accordingly. This technical role is responsible for ensuring an exacting and robust process is maintained to cement Cochlear’s standing in a highly regulated industry.
In this permanent role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of project management tools, process knowledge and experience of sterilisation. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've delivered work that complies with quality and process procedures and regulations that result in the manufacture of compliant product.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience and attributes:
- Process knowledge and experience in EtO sterilisation and cleanroom
- Working experience with various regulatory bodies
- Experience in working within Quality Management and Production Management Systems
- Tertiary qualification in Microbiology
- Medical device industry experience and an understanding of GXPs advantageous
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing/business process development and personal influence
- Experience in a similar production role within a highly regulated industry
Is Cochlear right for you?
Like us, you might be strongly attracted to Cochlear’s mission. Even so, Cochlear might not be right for you. To help you decide, we’d like to be clear about what we are… and what we are not.
- Passionate about our mission.
- Growing globally and building business processes and governance maturity.
- Careful, prudent and professional about the way we manage our business in a regulated industry.
- Highly collaborative with a complex global stakeholder environment where you influence with facts and data.
- Strongly focused on delivering quality products and services for our customers.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement.
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets.
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that you can tailor to suit your individual needs. Our flexible benefits include:
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options
- Novated leasing
- Employee support services
- Cochlear Advantage employee discount program
- Educational assistance (conditions apply)
- Flexible work policy
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our way of working and our passion for our customers. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
To keep up to date on the status of your application, log into our recruitment portal at any time.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now