Job no: 605515
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Marketing, Middle East & Africa, Individual Contributor
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
For our Switzerland office in Basel, Switzerland we are seeking a Campaign Manager for our EMEA Marketing Department.
The position manages end-to-end campaign activities in the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region related to brand, products and services. This includes the analysis of market needs/expectations to facilitate the prioritization of campaigns, the definition of their contents/messages, driving their roll-out into markets and analyzing their business impact.
The position supports the EMEA Communications Manager in campaign activities across the region and the EMEA markets in rolling it out adapted to their local market and stakeholder needs. The Campaign Manager thereby liaises with the Group Product Manager and respective Product Managers for product campaigns, works closely with the Strategic Marketing Manager on market trends and data, and with the Customer & Business Development Department for service campaigns.
Collect and Analyse Market Needs and Expectations
- Continuously collect inputs from relevant stakeholders from/through Local Marketing who gathers input from the respective local key stakeholders such as Sales and Customer Service Managers, Product Managers, Strategic Marketing Manager, Customer & Business Development Department), relating to the needs and expectations for campaigns. Proactively engage stakeholders to ensure that customer needs and expectations are met or exceeded and thus increase the level of customer consciousness across the organisation.
- Foster the involvement of stakeholders in all communication processes.
- Determine and summarize the business impact of campaigns and, based on this, develop and propose a “Campaign Schedule” in alignment with the EMEA Marketing Management Team to guide the prioritization / selection of campaign.
Develop Marketing Campaigns
- In alignment with the Strategic Marketing Manager and the Product Managers, identify the competitors’ marketing approach and consider how to place Cochlear’s campaigns accordingly.
- Collect / consider relevant marketing messages (brand, product and/or services) and combine into a coherent and comprehensive storyline.
- Work with the global, regional and local Communications Teams to gather existing or develop new marketing material/content to be used in the campaign as well as to identify the best marketing channels for the defined target groups.
- Support Communications Team to identify, negotiate terms with and finalize contracts with external providers / contractors to support the campaign.
Manage Marketing Campaigns
- Definition of campaign scope, timeline, goals, deliverables and budget.
- Direct and manage end-to-end marketing campaign development including resource definition/management.
- Develop full-scale campaign plans and ensure preparation of detailed briefs and checking documents for submission to the campaign team in advance of the scheduled start date.
- Continuously track campaign progress (resources used, milestones/deliverables achieved, etc.) and develop and deliver respective progress reports/presentations.
- Proactively manage changes relating to the campaigns, identify risks and devise mitigation plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the campaign team.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the campaign.
Drive the Roll-out of Campaigns in EMEA Markets
- Drive the local implementation of marketing campaigns and initiatives in collaboration with the campaign team.
- Build knowledge/maintain awareness of developments and roadmaps in campaign tools.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise campaign team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Continually manage expectations of campaign team members and other stakeholders and take action as required.
Analyse the Impact of Campaigns
- Define relevant metrics to measure the impact of a campaign, such as financial data, company perception, company/product awareness, etc.
- Based on agreed metrics, collect information/data or, if required, conduct own assessments to be able to determine the impact compared to expectations.
- Gather feedback from relevant stakeholders on perception of the campaign and consider such feedback for future campaigns.
- Higher Education degree in Social/Political Sciences / or Business Administration
- Off-the-job training in Marketing / Communications (unless already part of degree)
- Work Experience:
- Min. 5 years total work experience (post-degree / excluding internships).
- Thereof 2-3 years working in marketing/communications/public relations.
- Experience working in international matrix organization.
- Experience in grasping highly complex and technically demanding topics
- Project management experience.
- Soft Skills:
- Social Competence/Communication skills: Acts at an interface between and communicates with diverse in- and external stakeholders also in a multicultural context.
- Initiative / Creativity: Must proactively generate ideas/concepts.
- Persistency: Must drive own ideas/concepts to diverse stakeholders across countries/functions.
- Organisational skills: Must plan ahead and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Language skills: English (excellent written and spoken)
- Other: Proven editing and copywriting skills (advanced)
- University degree in Marketing / Communications
- Off-the-job training in project management.
- Work Experience:
- Experience in cross-border campaign management.
- Working for a technology-driven organisation.
- Experience in life sciences sector.
- IT Skills:
- Web applications for B2B and B2C healthcare related businesses.
- HTML formatting skills (basic).
- Language Skills: Other EMEA languages (e.g. German, Spanish, French, Italian).
- Occasional international travel required (estimated 20%).
- Ability and willingness to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Advertised: Romance Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now