Engagement Manager - Canada
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear connect people with implantable hearing solutions, we are recruiting for an Engagement Manager – Canada based in Ontario covering the provinces of Ontario and British Columbia.
To be successful in this role you will utilize your consumer sales experience and aligning objectives to build a strong team of volunteers who will partner with you to build hearing loss awareness, advocacy and outreach objectives. You have strong communication skills and experienced in training, mentoring and developing others. You demonstrate your ability to think critically and set strategies that align with team objectives. You are adept at utilizing tools and resources to reach consumer growth objectives and your results are shared and visible to others. You'll work collaboratively with the professional sales team in the area and will leverage cross-functional teams throughout the organization. This Engagement Manager role is responsible for growing the consumer business within the territory.
In this full-time role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge consumer outreach and sales, and volunteer management. You'll know you've been successful in this role when your volunteers share their stories of helping other people hear better, hear again, or hear for their first time and the growth in the market is achieved.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years sales experience, consumer outreach/advocacy, volunteer management or equivalent experience required.
- Experience within implantable hearing solutions or medical device strongly preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and public speaking proficiency.
- Strong telephone and email skills
- Strong interpersonal skills displayed across diverse demographics with the ability to effectively manage people in large geographic areas.
- Delegation and follow-up
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast paced evolving business environment while maintaining a positive and flexible attitude.
- Team player
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of the Internet, Excel, Power Point, Word Applications and social networking websites.
- A good working knowledge of key consumer groups and basic marketing strategy.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers