Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear's global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is challenging for your mind and emotionally fulfilling and worthwhile.
To support Cochlear's rapid growth we have created a new role for System Administrator for our Global Product Configurator. Based in Bangsar South, KL, this role will work as part of our IT department.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development and ongoing maintenance of configuration rules using the Oracle Product Configurator. You will also be required to perform technical service functions, including trouble-shooting and the debugging of system issues.
Other accountabilities include:
- Create and setup new items, as necessary, to support new product introductions and engineering change orders
- Understand the function of all Oracle item attributes, and ensure that they are correctly assigned to achieve expected behaviour in all related Oracle modules.
- Create SQL queries to systematically identify item attribute settings, and to confirm changes and corrections.
- Understand all technical aspects of the Oracle Product Configurator, including user experience design.
- Design and develop configurator extensions, as necessary, to address complex problems that cannot be solved using standard Oracle Product Configurator functionality.
- Create test plans, cases, and scripts to ensure that item, bill of material, and configuration rule changes can be verified thoroughly and efficiently.
Why is this role right for you?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree in Information Technology or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Oracle ERP. Working knowledge of Oracle modules (Order Management, Inventory, Pricing, etc.) that use item and bill of material data.
- Prior use of and demonstrated skill in the use of Boolean rules is highly desirable.
- Experience using the following languages: SQL
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets.
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that you can tailor to suit your individual needs. Our flexible benefits include:
- Monthly salary
- Guaranteed bonus equivalent to 1.5 month's salary (paid in monthly instalments)
- Travel allowances
- Car park reimbursement
- Employee provident fund (EPF) – Employers Contribution at 14%
- Social security contribution (SOCSO)
- Medical insurance (spouse & children)
- Personal accident & Group Term Life
- Dental/Optical (1 year minimum service)
- Medical Claims (in addition to medical card)
- 15 days annual leave
- Allowances for overtime/replacement leave
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our way of working and our passion for our customers. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
To keep up to date on the status of your application, log into our recruitment portal at any time.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.