Tax Manager - EMEA
Job no: 605714
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, People Manager, Business Analysis/Requirements, Data Analytics, Finance
This is a great opportunity to work within a professional global team with autonomous responsibility to create value and manage risk through providing accurate, timely and relevant analysis of the compliance reporting and advisory for the UK and EMEA businesses. This position reports into the Group Tax Manager based in Australia and also involves supporting the Group Tax and broader EMEA functions. This position will suit an individual that really enjoys partnering with the business and building strong relationships with Advisors. Candidates must evidence the ability to work independently and confidence with their decision making. It is key that the successful candidate evidences strong Tax Compliance skills when dealing with revenue authorities. There will be some European travel supporting our Finance Managers in the EU.
UK Tax Compliance Reporting - Direct and Indirect
- Responsible for the management and review of the UK tax compliance reporting for all UK entities including corporate income tax return (including R&D credit), VAT, Intrastat, withholding tax and other reporting as required.
- Develop corporate income tax and VAT compliance capabilities as across the UK and broader EMEA business, establishing appropriate compliance procedures and processes in accordance with SAO requirements, including monthly review processes where required of tax sensitive accounts.
The Ideal Candidate will evidence:
- A solid understanding of UK tax principles and global tax principles including BEPS and the OECD transfer pricing guidelines.
- Preferably some tax experience gained in more than one jurisdiction in EMEA.
- Provided and reviewed tax advice in relation to transactions (profit repatriation, M&A, restructures) and cross border transactions (structuring, expat assignments, drafting and implementation of intercompany agreements).
- Strong understanding and prior experience in the UK R&D tax relief; Thin cap and CFC regime.
- Strong communication Skills.
- Goal orientated, results focused and has a strong sense of company dedication.
- Has relevant educational qualifications (Legal, Tax or Accounting).
- Qualified to ACA and CTA OR equivalent.
- Minimum of five years experience in UK corporate and indirect taxes.
- Strong understanding of UK corporate and indirect taxes.
- Strong tax compliance reporting experience of a large UK entity which operates within an SAO environment including experience in the preparation of UK corporate income tax returns, VAT and Intrastat returns.
- Understanding of Transfer Pricing concepts.
- Has excellent communication skills and able to explain tax concepts to non tax people.
- Someone who really enjoys a challenge.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now