Maintenance Technician (12 Month contract)
Job no: 605716
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear develops and manufactures world-leading implantable medical devices that help people with hearing loss. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician (12 month contract) in our Manufacturing Engineering department in Brisbane.
To be successful in this role you'll be able to perform maintenance and calibration activities on manufacturing equipment in line with business quality systems and regulatory requirements. You'll work collaboratively within the Maintenance and Calibration team and with cross-functional teams from across the business to ensure business requirements are met in an effective and timely manner.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of maintenance and calibration. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've assisted the department to meet business requirements and improve deliverables.
- Perform electrical and mechanical trouble shooting, fault finding and repairs on plant and equipment
- Perform planned electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on plant and equipment
- Perform work in a professional, timely and safe manner following all Cochlear standards and procedures
- Assist to identify, document and implement improvements to maintenance work methods / procedures and to plant and equipment to improve machine availability, quality and safety
- Complete documentation and reporting as required including risk management, regulatory compliance and scorecards
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Previous experience in the maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment
- Experience in trouble shooting and fault finding, with sound fault finding capability
- Ability to carry out repairs to equipment and facilities efficiently and to schedule
- Ability to work autonomously and safely under pressure
- Ability to solve problems and prioritise using a systematic approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively
- Exposure to LEAN manufacturing operating environments
- Competent in completing documentation to a high standard
- Be able to contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
- QLD Electrical Workers License desirable but not essential
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear's global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has a 70% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Working at the Cochlear Brisbane Operations:
- Global manufacturing site for world-leading cochlear implant products.
- 2 shift manufacturing operation.
- Clean room facilities.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now