Job Title: Public Relations Associate Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role –
In order to help increase awareness and adoption of Cochlear hearing implant products, we are recruiting for a Public Relations Associate Manager in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to increase awareness and growth of Cochlear’s implantable hearing solutions through public relations and social media channels. The successful candidate will be accountable for budgets and projects associated with their direct sphere of influence as it pertains to PR and social media. Responsibilities will include contributing to the overall Cochlear Americas public relations strategy as well as the direct-to-consumer social media and blog strategy for our target markets and product segments. The bulk of this role will develop, manage and execute our social and blog strategy for direct-to-consumer and will have the opportunity to implement innovative, new content plans to grow Cochlear’s social presence and standing. You’ll work collaboratively with members from across the company, including product marketing, recipient services, volunteer engagement, clinical, regulatory and operations teams, to appropriately and effectively communicate, educate and nurture potential hearing implant candidates through awareness, adoption and brand choice. This role is responsible for gaining an in-depth understanding of the customer journey and delivering content and messaging on how our products and services address the needs of our targeted consumer segments.
- Manage and execute social media content strategy. This includes managing the development of social media and the blog content calendar for the candidate/direct-to-consumer team, participating in weekly check-in meetings, strategy and planning meetings, as well as acting as a conduit with the direct-to-consumer team, various cross-functional teams, the social media manager and all agency partnerships that can share the Cochlear Americas consumer story.
- Create, manage and execute creative new social and blog content ideas for the candidate/direct-to-consumer team to grow engagement across Cochlear owned and earned channels (Facebook, Twitter, Cochlear's Hearing Connections Blog, third-party blogs and other relevant partnerships, etc.). Identify paid opportunities where appropriate and manage development of content. Strategically integrate content across other direct-to-consumer channels as appropriate.
- Conducts periodic audits of social media to propose and execute new content ideas to reach our target audiences.
- Support implementation of public relations strategy. This includes supporting the Public Relations Manager in the execution of various PR tactics as assigned. (Assignments can include managing media relations opportunities, creating briefing books, management of press releases and other media assets, contributing to sponsored content opportunities, updating the Media Center, tracking and reporting, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and sales team members to support shared goals and objectives for product and awareness campaigns. This includes helping to identify, cultivate and execute direct-to-consumer-managed programs through owned, earned and paid channels (nonprofit partnerships, sponsorships, paid content, etc.) that grows awareness of Cochlear.
- Support the campaign & product needs for growth and share plays.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or equivalent.
- 2-3 years professional experience in a customer-centric, Public Relations/Marketing/Communications role preferred.
- Strong copywriting skills with an agency or corporate marketing/public relations team; mastery of tone, positioning, language, message mapping, and strategic development to achieve marketing objectives. Writing samples will be requested.
- Must have a very strong command of grammar and punctuation.
- Experience crafting social media and blog content.
- Proven ability to collaborate with marketing, digital, design, and product/subject matter experts to execute against creative strategy and direction.
- Strong mentality of attention to detail and ensures content consistency, style, voice as well as adherence to regulatory, legal and clinical standards, marketing objectives, target messaging and target customer segments.
- Requires strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Proficient working with publishing software (Excel, Acrobat, MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, multifunctional, deadline-driven environment.
- Team oriented with positive energy, enthusiasm and commitment to delivering innovative quality work products.
- Consistent delivery of work products on time.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.