Clinical Technical & Research Specialist Switzerland & Israel
Job no: 605815
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Audiology, Clinical Studies, Marketing
Position Overview / Purpose:
The role is responsible to provide clinical and technical support for the entire range of Cochlear products, including both hardware and software components, to all distributors, clinics and hearing aid shops within the geographic scope of responsibility. This includes providing on-site clinical/technical services, such as switch-ons/fittings/software programming, solving technical issues, surgical support as well as email and phone support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for training clinical professionals and staff about Cochlear's new products and service offerings. They will also coordinate and support collaborative research projects within the geographical scope of responsibility.
This position collaborates with our channel partners and apart from the clinical technical support and training focus a sales orientation to increase market share is required for this position.
The position contributes substantially to Cochlear’s reputation in Switzerland direct market. It is integral part of the role to establish strong relationship with clinic professionals by providing outstanding clinical and technical support.
Provide Clinical and Technical Support to Clinical Professionals and Distributor Staff :
• Provide superior clinical and technical support to clinical professionals with the goal to increase market share for: switch-on/fittings, complex cases, intraoperative measurements (EABR/ESR, NRT) and any other queries from professionals.
• Conduct on-site integrity testing at the request of professionals or when there is a suspected device failure, write reports for each integrity test and follow internal and legal reporting procedures to the competent authorities.
• Assess received complaints, forward them in accordance to the internal complaint reporting procedures, follow-up on results and feedback to professionals.
Train Clinical Professionals and Staff about Cochlear’s Products & Services:
• Introduce and train on all new products on-site to all clinics and acousticians.
• Provide on-site training about Cochlear’s products and service offerings to clinical professionals and staff as required from the professional.
• Install new software in a clinic as required or requested from the professional.
Field Sales Presence and Event Participation:
• Establish strong relationship to the CI clinics (CI surgeons and audiologists) and distributor staff and interact with all professionals with to goal to increase Cochlear’s market share and increase sales.
• Initiate and execute regular meetings with each clinic in designated area including follow-up and visit reports.
• In alignment with Service Business Manager, keep all professionals informed and updated on new clinical or technical information and field issues.
Monitor, Evaluate and Coordinate Research Activities
• Monitor relevant research done in the geographic scope of responsibility, including having direct contact with professional, screening publications, participation in annual Swiss ORL association meeting, etc.).
• Inform EMEA and Global stakeholders (i.e. Research and Clinical Studies Teams in EMEA, and global Headquarters in Sydney (CLTD for Cochlea Implant) and Gothenburg (CBAS for Bone Anchored Solutions)) about research activities and outcomes.
• Evaluate possible fields of investigation of interest for Cochlear with local professionals.
• Coordinate and support defined research projects alignment with EMEA Clinical Studies Team and CBAS.
- Education: Master Degree in Engineering or Audiology.
- 1-3 years working in research and/or industry.
- Experience in/with life science/medical devices industry.
- Interested in acquiring business/commercial skills.
- Sales oriented mindset
- IT Skills: MS Office (advanced)
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Language Skills: German, French and English (fluent).
- Education: PhD Engineering/Audiology.
- Experience working in international company in industry sector.
- Knowledge of hearing instruments (implantable hearing solutions and/or hearing aids).
Development Value of this role
- Excellent entry position with cross-departmental collaboration within EMEA (ClinTech, Marketing) and global (CLTD, CTC, CBAS).
- Given high professional level of audiology in Switzerland, the position is highly demanding and offers the possibility to work with leading scientists. This offers the opportunity to further develop knowledge and networks in this field.
- The role combines technical and commercial aspects, which enable the incumbent to develop beyond ‘pure’ technical and scientific aspects.
- Travel within Switzerland required (estimated 40%). International travel required (10%) #cochleareu
Advertised: Romance Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now