Senior Engineering Technical Writer
Job no: 605906
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering, Validation & Verification
We have a newly created permanent opportunity available at Cochlear for a professional Senior Engineering Technical Writer to provide assistance to the R&D Team.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
The purpose of the role is to support the engineering team to efficiently create high quality documentation by understanding the documentation processes and configuration management tools, ensuring documentation consistency, coaching team members in document quality and executing documentation tasks that don’t require in-depth technical knowledge. This role will find and implement improvements to the documentation processes and templates.
You will bring:
- A degree in science or engineering
- Excellent technical writing skills
- 3 years of technical writing experience
- Able to communicate clearly with engineers and provide direction and guidance
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment e.g. medical or defence
- Experience working on engineering documentation
- Experience with the Windchill document management tool.
Development Value of this role:
- Opportunity to work across organisation boundaries
- Opportunity to coach talented engineers to communicate effectively
- Opportunity to contribute to world leading implant technology
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today. (please note all applications will be reviewed after 15/1/18)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now