Senior Engineering Technical Writer
Job no: 605906
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor, Validation & Verification
We have a newly created permanent opportunity available at Cochlear for a professional Senior Engineering Technical Writer to provide assistance to the R&D Team.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
The purpose of the role is to support the engineering team to efficiently edit high quality documentation by understanding the documentation processes and configuration management tools, ensuring documentation consistency, coaching team members in document quality and executing documentation tasks that don’t require in-depth technical knowledge. This role will find and implement improvements to the documentation processes and templates.
You will bring:
- A degree in science or engineering
- Excellent technical writing skills
- 3 years of technical writing / editing experience
- An effective communicator - enjoy coaching others
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment e.g. medical or defence
- Experience working on engineering documentation
- Experience with the document management tools.
Development Value of this role:
- Opportunity to work across organisation boundaries
- Opportunity to coach talented engineers to communicate effectively
- Opportunity to contribute to world leading implant technology
What's in it for you!:
- A true career opportunity to showcase your technical writing/editing experience
- Work with a team of experts within R&D, whom will appreciate the superior coaching you will have to offer.
- Working onsite at Cochlear HQ, you will have the diversity and exposure to manufacturing and our senior executive team.
- All Cochlear employees are offered extensive training throughout their career with our state of the art – Cochlear Academy.
- All employees also benefit from corporate incentives and discounts with our Cochlear Advantage
- Our culture is mission driven, we are all passionate about making a difference and our recipients. The gift of hearing and supporting this journey drives us all. Our culture is a community, respectful and inspiring.
- Flexible work / life balance – we not only talk it – we walk it! Diversity is important to us at Cochlear and we provide our employees with what they need to be successful in the role
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now