Senior Solutions Designer
Job no: 605935
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
This is a newly created role for a passionate Senior Digital Solutions Designer to work this cutting edge new initiative where you can shape and design the next generation of Digital Experiences for Cochlear and our customers.
Work with innovative, state of the art technologies designing solutions for Cochlear digital and recipient experience.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
As the Digital Solutions Designer you will work in an agile, customer focussed environment to take customer and business requirements and turn them into technical, functional and operational design specifications through to delivery. You will be responsible for the Cochlear digital stack; platforms include cochlear.com, myCochlear Recipient, myCochlear Professional and other integration systems such as Marketo, Magento, Salesforce.com and Oracle.
Other accountabilities include:
- Lead full-stack solution design efforts across web and mobile as required.
- Design scalable and effective solutions using UML and other diagramming techniques
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team members through design, build and release for projects, enhancements and support efforts for Cochlear’s digital products.
- Ensure that the most appropriate technology is used in every aspect of the system
- Provide advanced technical consulting in multi-platform IT environments
- Confirm the business impact of each incident or problem based on assessment of priority, manage the escalation of the incident
- Business partnering with Sales, Marketing and Services team.
- Partner with the enterprise architecture group to develop/refine the digital architecture strategy and related best practices.
- Agile Experience
- Strong technical leadership skills with at least 8 years hands-on design and development experience
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies – AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis), Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, ML, TensorFlow), Microsoft Azure
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Full stack experience in developing web applications, REST/JSON APIs, GraphQL, serverless microservices.
- Sitecore Experience Platform version 9.0
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle EBS
- Front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS or Vue,js.
- Practical expertise in building high performance, highly scalable distributed systems deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
- Experience initiating cross-functional collaboration with Operations, Product and Design to develop high quality, focused projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with various departments
- Analytical thinker with strong analytical, problem solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well on own and as part of a team
- Flexibility with the ability to multi task and effectively manage priorities and projects while working in a rapidly changing environment
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in a rewarding position, take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now