Content Marketing Specialist - Consumer
Job no: 605980
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Marketing
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
This position can be based in either our UK office in Weybridge or in our Switzerland office in Basel. The Content Marketing Specialist sits within our EMEA Marketing Department reporting into the Consumer Marketing Manager, EMEA
The position develops and manages the end-to-end consumer content for the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region related to brand, products and services. This includes content mapping analysis to the consumer journey by market to determine development needs. Additionally, the responsibilities include writing and reviewing content and coordinating with the production team to create new content as needed to support campaigns. This marketing content will help build awareness about Cochlear solutions and educate and engage candidates and recipients to drive growth and revenue. Leveraging copywriting skills, online marketing and editorial experience, he or she will be responsible for creating content to nurture leads through the buying cycle while providing a consistent voice across all mediums.
- Marketing content development
- Develop marketing content across multiple mediums including: email, printed collateral, advertising, and website.
- Create audience specific messaging to nurture leads, leading to sales of new customers or upgrades to existing customers.
- Where needed, hire and manage copywriters to write consumer content.
- Ensure alignment with country marketing teams on content needs and execution.
- Work closely with consumer and product teams to understand market positioning and key messages.
- Follow all proper content approval processes.
- Work with production team on development of content to support campaigns.
- Ensure tone and style are consistent with brand requirements.
Marketing content management and optimization
- Evaluate candidate leads throughout the marketing funnel to determine areas of content optimization.
- Analyze effectiveness of content and execute solutions to improve, including A-B email testing.
- Provide oversight and editorial review of existing content. Modify content where required.
Consumer engagement and marketing campaigns
- Develop understanding of Cochlear products and impact on customer’s life.
- Gain understanding of the consumer engagement pathway from awareness of an implantable solution to surgery.
- Identify content gaps and plan for developing new materials to engage with consumers along the customer pathway.
- Support ongoing and new marketing campaigns as agreed with manager.
- Higher Educations degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar field
- Experience in marketing, content creation and writing experience in a corporate setting
- Prior experience in customer facing communication and consumer marketing via multiple media (online, email, print, etc.)
- Experience working in international matrixed organization
- Experience in content marketing and writing including translating business goals and strategies into actionable and measurable marketing communications campaigns
- English speaker, second language desirable
- Outstanding writing, messaging, copywriting and storytelling skills across a variety of mediums
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices for content writing
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to determine recommended actions based on data
- Acumen in development of marketing content tied to goals, objectives, metrics and outcomes
- Ability to adapt style and work under timeline
- Familiar with all elements of interactive marketing mix, i.e. search, online media, email marketing
- Experience in developing email marketing campaigns, including analysis of results & optimization.
- Experience working with multiple internal stakeholders as well as experience working with external agencies
- Strong sense of efficiency: able to multi-task with good project management skills
- Creative thinker capable of providing strong thought leadership
- Experience in healthcare related business
- Experience in cross-border content development
- Experience with Salesforce and Marketo
- Interactive, social/web marketing experience
- Language Skills: Other EMEA languages (e.g. German, Spanish, French, Italian)
- Occasional international travel required (estimated 20%)
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now