Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone anchored solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, outside Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for all the Baha® and Vistafix® products. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB offers you a modern environment in which you can work with passionate professionals to apply your specialist expertise and skills to bring the most advanced technologies to the market.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is stimulating for your mind and emotionally fulfilling and worthwhile.
We are recruiting for a Senior Software developer in our Software department. In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by contributing to release of high quality software to our customer. You will be a part of the Software System Department that is responsible for developing both clinical software for Windows systems and iOS and Android mobile apps. The Clinical Software is used in more than 2000 clinics to fit the Sound processor in the Baha Bone Conduction Implant system. The mobile apps are used by the recipients to control their sound processor in their daily life. You will have possibility to work with development of both the mobile app and the Windows Clinical Software, depending on your profile and interest.
More specifically you will:
- Work in an agile team that delivers medical device desktop applications built on a .NET platform using MVVM and WPF and mobile apps built on Xamarin.
- Identifying new technologies, being a source of technical expertise and a mentor for other engineers.
- Be responsible for the software architecture design
- Identifying and championing improvements in Cochlear's development processes and design tools.
- Collaborate effectively on cross functional teams and with teams in other locations.
- Providing technical support to Cochlear's Quality, Regulatory, Systems, Test Systems, Marketing and Manufacturing teams.
- Contribute to new product planning and resourcing.
What makes this role unique is:
- Developing world leading medtech software for implantable hearing solutions.
- Working in a truly global company with operations in 25 countries.
- Learning and growing in the role as you take on new challenges.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow bone conducted solutions business, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills and capabilities who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers.
As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Passionate developer with >5 years working with C#.
- Structured and eager to use best practices and design patterns.
- Experienced in the Microsoft development environment, TFS & Visual studio.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent academic degree.
- Evidence of good individual, team, cross-functional and cross-regional communication skills.
- A process driven and structured way of work.
- Experience in working in an agile environment.
- Good verbal and written English and Swedish language skills.
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our values and passion for helping people to hear and be heard. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
Is Cochlear right for you?
Like us, you might be strongly attracted to Cochlear’s mission to help people to hear.
- Passionate about our Mission to help people hear and be heard.
- Growing globally and building business processes and governance maturity.
- Careful, prudent and professional about the way we manage our business in a regulated industry.
- Highly collaborative with a complex global stakeholder environment where you influence with facts and data.
- Strongly focused on delivering quality for our customers.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement.
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to Cochlear’s mission and values and that contributes to Cochlear’s growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets. To encourage people to achieve outcomes aligned to Cochlear’s strategy we link the incentives we offer to both the financial performance of the company and individual achievement.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @cochlearcareers #cochlearcareers #cochlear