Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear's global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is challenging for your mind and emotionally fulfilling and worthwhile.
To support Cochlear's rapid growth we have created a new role for Application Administrator. Based in Bangsar South, KL, this role is part of our IT department and reports to the Applications Team Lead.
In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by.
Effective installation/configuration, upgrade, operation, maintenance of systems software, related integrations and plan for service outages and problem resolution. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the applications.Provide support to the users with access and utilisation of the systems benefits. Scope includes but not limited to the following systems : JIRA, Confluence, Oracle EBS access management and etc.
- System Support and Administration
- Change Control Management
- System Problem Management
- Continuous Improvement
What makes this role unique is:
- Part of a pioneer team in KL.
- Having a global role based in KL, supporting Cochlear corporate operations as well as regional operations in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following attributes, skills and experience:
- A passionate interest in Cochlear's mission to help people hear and be heard.
- Proven ability to operate in a role supporting projects, operating systems and applications
- Knowledge and experience in providing information and communication technical problem and request resolution services to the application users.
- Demonstrated experience as a system administrator in a medium to large organisation;
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library ( ITIL) processes
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with business requirements management software (e.g. Jama Contour)
- Experience in support and delivery of IT services
- Strong (5 years) experience with support of variety of systems
- Knowledge of Vmware Service Manager and other Atlassian products (e.g. Confluence, Stash/Git, FishEye, Crucible, Clover)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to work independently
Is Cochlear right for you?
Like us, you might be strongly attracted to Cochlear's mission to help people to hear. Even so, we ask you to consider whether Cochlear is the right organisation for you.
- Passionate about our Mission to help people hear and be heard.
- Growing globally and building business processes and governance maturity.
- Careful, prudent and professional about the way we manage our business in a regulated industry.
- Highly collaborative with a complex global stakeholder environment where you influence with facts and data.
- Strongly focused on delivering quality for our customers.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement.
- Flexible in the way we work with our colleagues around the world, taking part in early morning and late night calls.
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets.
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that you can tailor to suit your individual needs. Our flexible benefits include:
- Monthly salary
- Guaranteed bonus equivalent to 1.5 month's salary (paid in monthly instalments)
- Travel allowances
- Car park reimbursement
- Employee provident fund (EPF) – Employers Contribution at 14%
- Social security contribution (SOCSO)
- Medical insurance (spouse & children)
- Personal accident & Group Term Life
- Dental/Optical (1 year minimum service)
- Medical Claims (in addition to medical card)
- 15 days annual leave
- Allowances for overtime/replacement leave
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our way of working and our passion for our customers. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
To keep up to date on the status of your application, log into our recruitment portal at any time.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.