Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone anchored solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, outside Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for all the Baha® and Vistafix® products. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB offers you a modern environment in which you can work with passionate professionals to apply your specialist expertise and skills to bring the most advanced technologies to the market.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is stimulating for your mind and emotionally fulfilling and worthwhile.
We are recruiting for a Market Access Manager in our marketing department. In this newly created position you will report to the Head of Clinical and Marketing Development.
In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by increasing global access to our technologies providing hearing to more people across the world.
More specifically you will
- Maximize reimbursement coverage and payment for Cochlear’s technology in different markets
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging, private and public health reimbursement systems
- Critically assess drivers and barriers to pricing, reimbursement and market access
- Influence Policy to improve access to Cochlear’s technologies by creating alliances with health service professionals/ providers, consumer advocate groups and other key stakeholders
- Provide timely and insightful market access input to our product development
- In collaboration with clinical affairs, define needed clinical and health economic evidence to secure maximum coverage for our products
- Play an active role in defining the payer evidence plan and pricing strategy to support a successful launch of new solutions and maximize the value capture during the product lifecycle.
- Develop core deliverables in cooperation with regional staff (e.g. reimbursement dossiers, health economic evaluations/value dossiers, budget impact models) to generate region/country specific data
- Together with regional staff develop information packages to insurance companies and charity organisations to increase coverage and access to our technologies
- Develop and maintain working relationships with regional and local market access teams to positively influence coverage decisions.
- Provide strategic input and support for major tenders
What makes this role unique is:
- Working in a role where your market access expertise will be valued and can influence global market access strategy as well as product development.
- Working in a truly global ASX-listed company.
- Working cross-functionally with a global market access team as well as the product development team at Cochlear Acoustics.
- Learning and growing in the role as you take on new challenges.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow bone conducted solutions business, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills and capabilities who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers.
As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree in life sciences, economics or business with an advanced degree in one of these fields preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or device industry, with at least 2 to 5 years in a global Market Access role.
- Experience in launching products in the global reimbursement environment.
- Strong understanding of the global Market Access landscape
- Experience/understanding of global Health Technology Assessment authorities
- Experience/understanding of global reimbursement systems
- Strong understanding of health economics, clinical research, and related disciplines.
- The ability to solve problems and collaborate to get work done that delivers benefits for Cochlear’s customers.
- A responsible attitude to working safely and building the safety culture.
- A commitment to lifelong learning and development.
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our values and passion for helping people to hear and be heard. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
Is Cochlear right for you?
Like us, you might be strongly attracted to Cochlear’s mission to help people to hear.
- Passionate about our Mission to help people hear and be heard.
- Growing globally and building business processes and governance maturity.
- Careful, prudent and professional about the way we manage our business in a regulated industry.
- Highly collaborative with a complex global stakeholder environment where you influence with facts and data.
- Strongly focused on delivering quality for our customers.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement.
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to Cochlear’s mission and values and that contributes to Cochlear’s growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets. To encourage people to achieve outcomes aligned to Cochlear’s strategy we link the incentives we offer to both the financial performance of the company and individual achievement.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.