Senior Production Engineer - Chengdu
Job no: 606171
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, Manufacturing & Logistics
Accountability 1: Production support
- Provide the first point of contact for production on yield, quality and throughput issues.
- Provide solutions to identified production problems with particular reference to the day-to-day running of the line.
- Analyse production rejects as required to reclaim where possible, identify, and rectify root causes of rejects.
- Ensure MRN’s, Concessions and Change Notes are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide reports on activities as requested.
- Create plans to coordinate activities; mentor peer and less senior engineers and technicians (when required) to progress plan
Accountability 2: Project Work
Accountability 3: Point of contact for other departments
- Assist the maintenance and calibration group where necessary to ensure timely repair and calibration of equipment.
- Liaise with other appropriate support groups (e.g. D&D, Procurement) to resolve issues e.g. Manufacturability.
- Monitor progress of improvement plans and provide feedback to interested parties.
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Interact with staff in other departments
- Interact with outside suppliers
Accountability 4: Compliance to regulations
- Work with production and engineering to ensure work instructions result in the manufacture of compliant product.
- Ensure that Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is followed.
- Ensure all documentation is to quality system.
- Prepare V&V Plans
- Prepare V&V Protocols and Reports
- Ensure safety and efficacy of devices through rigorous testing.
Accountability 5: Strategic improvement
- Assist in the development of strategic improvements for production including factory layout.
- Review product, process and equipment designs from other departments to ensure they meet production requirements with regard to execution time, maintainability, OH&S, reliability and are adequately documented.
Accountability 6: OHS
- Immediately reporting all incidents, accidents, hazards or unsafe work conditions to management
- Participation in incident investigations as required
- Understanding the company’s emergency evacuation procedures
- Performing all work duties in a manner that ensures the health and safety of all employees
Key Incumbent requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Prefer Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, Biomedical or Mechatronics.
- 10 years+ experience in a similar production role within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in working within a Quality Management system
- Experience in working within Production Management system (e.g. LEAN)
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing / business process development and personal influence
- Experience with project management tools
- Medical device industry experience and an understanding of GMP
Process knowledge and experience
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now