Job Title: Surgical Education Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role – ALSO ROLE SUMMARY
In order to continue to develop and execute surgical and fellowship education programs at Cochlear, we are recruiting for a Surgical Education Manager in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you will be able to develop and implement all surgical education activities. You’ll work collaboratively with individuals across the organization including Professional Education, Marketing, Sales Operations and Clinical to develop educational content, and lead the implementation, promotion and assessment of surgical education programs.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of Medical Device / ENT / Pharmaceutical sales combined with your strong training experience within a surgical operating room environment. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you have developed a strong surgical education program that includes program outcome measurement for Baha and Nucleus implants.
- Strategic planning and implementation of all surgical education activities, including program development, execution, management and program outcome measurement for Baha and Nucleus implants.
- Development, review, and approval of all educational content and presentation material prior to use/distribution via Cochlear’s designated approval process.
- Collaboration with all key stakeholders, including product management, professional engagement, clinical services, sales and related functional team members.
- Measurement of program and event effectiveness and overall quality, including monthly metrics reporting, the development of recommendations for improvement, program innovation and competitive analysis and comparison.
- Responsible for consultant contractual relationships/consulting agreements for all education events in collaboration with the legal department.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of related work and ENT/Medical Device/Pharmaceutical Sales experience.
- Experience with training and time within the surgical operating room environment.
- Possess strong business, technical or clinical ENT selling and interpersonal skills in order to serve as a mentor, coach and technical consultant to the field staff for all products.
- Ability to work in a leadership role without having direct management reporting responsibilities; ability to lead by influence.
- Ability to provide developmental feedback to Field Sales teams and maintain open line of communication with Sales and Departmental Leadership.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers