Electrical Engineer - Sound Processors and Connectivity
Job no: 606188
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is mentally stimulating and emotionally worthwhile.
We have a newly created permanent opportunity available at Cochlear for a career focused Electrical Engineer with great opportunity to grow and become an expert in the field.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Contribute to the development of innovative and exciting new products which transform the lives of hearing-impaired people everywhere
- Work on leading-edge technologies to support the growth of Cochlear as a global industry leader in research and innovation
- Support requirements generation, design, debugging, characterisation and verification of electrical designs to ensure Cochlear products are of superior performance, quality and reliability
- Solve challenging technical problems with many constraints
- Stay abreast of technology advancements in electronics and learn from other experienced engineers and external design partners
- Support technology development and process improvement
- Grow and develop as an electrical engineer capable of leading electrical developments for future generations of Cochlear devices
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of electronic circuits and components
- Experience with electrical CAD tools
- Experience with consumer electronics, medical devices or a highly regulated industry eg defense
- Experience with audio circuits, RF circuits and wireless communication
- Experience with the Altium schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience with the Python programming language or embedded firmware
Development Value of this role:
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now