Job Title: Cochlear Clinical Service Audiologist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear deliver outstanding audiology care for adult and pediatric patients with Cochlear Implant, Baha, and Hearing Aid solutions, we are recruiting for a Cochlear Clinical Services Audiologist to be located in McAllen, Texas.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to directly interface with patients to deliver world class audiology care in a customer-centric approach for both adult and pediatric patients with Cochlear Implant, Baha and Hearing Aid solutions, based on established practices and protocols established by Cochlear Clinical Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cochlear Americas. Services may include patient counseling, upgrade sales and support, postoperative management for individuals with implantable hearing solutions and the provision of appropriate amplification when required. This role provides a great emphasis on the measurement of clinical operational performance and patient satisfaction.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of Audiology and Cochlear Implant Technology. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've achieved operational performance and world class patient satisfaction.
- Conduct patient counseling for individuals interested in a hearing solution including cochlear implantation and bone conduction hearing.
- Provide postoperative management for patients with implantable hearing solutions, including sound processor fitting and programming, wireless and FM solutions.
- Conduct patient evaluations in accordance to defined protocols.
- Follow best practices and protocols as identified by Cochlear Clinical Services, LLC
- Clinic management to meet clinic and patient performance metrics.
- Implement marketing strategies and outreach initiatives to promote clinic and increase demand.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Master’s or AuD level Audiologist
- Previous experience with implantable hearing technology, cochlear implants preferred
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and in stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship building with customers and business partners
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and follow up skills
- Strong familiarity with HIPAA
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and be accountable for day to day office management
- Strong in Microsoft based software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.