Job no: 607212
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Engineering, Quality & Regulatory
Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone anchored solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, outside Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for all the Baha® and Vistafix® products. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB offers you a modern environment in which you can work with passionate professionals to apply your specialist expertise and skills to bring the most advanced technologies to the market.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is stimulating for your mind and emotionally fulfilling and worthwhile.
We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer with focus on Process management in our Quality & Regulatory department.
In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by improving and developing our processes to secure that the customers will get high quality products.
What makes this role unique is:
- Working in a truly global ASX-listed company, headquartered in Australia.
- Learning about medical device industry regulations and quality standards.
- Working cross-functionally with process improvements within CBAS and Global Cochlear.
- Learning and growing in the role as you take on new challenges.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow bone conducted solutions business, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills and capabilities who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers.
As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Work with quality systems and process management
- Manage internal and third party audits
- Work with the management of CAPAs
- Educate the business in Quality and Process Management
- Coach Process owners and teams in process awareness activities
- Handle common quality management tasks such as nonconformities, internal audits and trainings.
We expect you to have:
- Engineering or other relevant degree
- Experience of working with Quality Systems
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 Medical Devices – Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulation 21 CFR Part 820
- Qualification to act as an Internal Auditor
- Computer experience of commonly used Microsoft programs
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Good communication and presentation skills
We think you are:
- Building trust, strengthening relationships and communicating openly
- Inspiring and implementing new ways of thinking and operating
- Pragmatic and have a solution-oriented personality
- Able to solve problems and collaborate to get work done that delivers benefits for Cochlear’s customers.
- Having a responsible attitude to working safely and building the safety culture.
- Willing to demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and development.
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our values and passion for helping people to hear and be heard. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
Is Cochlear right for you?
Like us, you might be strongly attracted to Cochlear’s mission to help people to hear.
- Passionate about our Mission to help people hear and be heard.
- Growing globally and building business processes and governance maturity.
- Careful, prudent and professional about the way we manage our business in a regulated industry.
- Highly collaborative with a complex global stakeholder environment where you influence with facts and data.
- Strongly focused on delivering quality for our customers.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement.
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to Cochlear’s mission and values and that contributes to Cochlear’s growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets. To encourage people to achieve outcomes aligned to Cochlear’s strategy we link the incentives we offer to both the financial performance of the company and individual achievement.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Applications close: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now