Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone anchored solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, outside Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for all the Baha® and Vistafix® products. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB offers you a modern environment in which you can work with passionate professionals to apply your specialist expertise and skills to bring the most advanced technologies to the market.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is stimulating for your mind and emotionally fulfilling and worthwhile.
Due to an internal move, we are recruiting for a Risk Management and Reliability Engineer in our Quality & Regulatory department.
In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by assuring that products developed are safe and reliable products
More specifically you will:
- Be responsible for the risk management in development projects.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the risk management procedures
- Assure that development projects are compliant with risk management procedures
- Actively promote the use of reliability and risk management tools within development projects
- Perform and approve product risk analysis and summary reports
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of risk analysis and assure that adequate actions are taken to mitigate/eliminate risks
- Define reliability targets for development projects.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow bone conducted solutions business, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills and capabilities who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers.
As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Assure that products developed are safe and reliable
- Educate the business in methods useful for the design of safe and reliable products
- Design Post Market Surveillance plans to assure that the safety and effectiveness of products are monitored correctly
- Handle common quality management tasks such as CAPAs and nonconformities
We expect you to have:
- Engineering or other relevant degree
- Experience of working with Risk Management and Reliability Engineering
- Solid experience of product development
- Knowledge of ISO 14971 - Application of risk management to medical devices
- Computer experience of commonly used Microsoft programs
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Good communication and presentation skills
We think you are:
- Building trust, strengthening relationships and communicating openly
- Inspiring and implementing new ways of thinking and operating
- Pragmatic and have a solution-oriented personality
- Able to solve problems and collaborate to get work done that delivers benefits for Cochlear’s customers.
- Having a responsible attitude to working safely and building the safety culture.
- Willing to demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and development.
What to Expect from Our Recruitment Process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who share our values and passion for helping people to hear and be heard. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
Is Cochlear right for you?
Like us, you might be strongly attracted to Cochlear’s mission to help people to hear.
- Passionate about our Mission to help people hear and be heard.
- Growing globally and building business processes and governance maturity.
- Careful, prudent and professional about the way we manage our business in a regulated industry.
- Highly collaborative with a complex global stakeholder environment where you influence with facts and data.
- Strongly focused on delivering quality for our customers.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement.
We Reward Performance and Offer Flexible Benefits
We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to Cochlear’s mission and values and that contributes to Cochlear’s growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the health science and technology markets. To encourage people to achieve outcomes aligned to Cochlear’s strategy we link the incentives we offer to both the financial performance of the company and individual achievement.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.