Sales Manager Czech Republic and Slovakia
Job no: 607217
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Eastern Europe, People Manager, Sales
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our great team in Prague. Prague office is a part of Cochlear Central & Eastern Europe (CEE), with Head Quarter based in Vienna, Austria.
Position Overview / Purpose:
The position holder is responsible to lead, direct and manage the direct sales activities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, by developing and leveraging networks to clinic staff and professionals as well as by identifying and proposing best-practice service models for the designated territory.
Accountable to develop and execute cost effective market penetration strategy for the Cochlear´s product portfolio. Proactively propose and implement tactics to develop the market, ensuring acceptance of the Cochlear implant and other implantable hearing devices as a viable treatment for both adults and children and achieving reimbursement for them, thus increasing the overall sales, market share and quality of service delivery.
This roles is the key to ensure strong Cochlear representation and to grow the organisation to the next level. Both externally and internally, to build and reinforce positive image of Cohlear’s direct presence in CZ/SK.
People Management & Leadership
- Lead and direct a team in objective setting, goals, strategies and employee development
- Conduct performance appraisals with all direct reports, ensure and contribute to continuously learning and development of all direct reports
- In collaboration with the Area Manager, direct, evaluate and develop the CZ/SK sales force to achieve established sales and profit goals
- Create an environment that reinforces self-motivation, personal growth and teamwork in order to achieve individual and collective potential
- Take active role in coaching and motivating employees, recruiting and retaining talent and driving organizational and succession planning
- Be a role model in leading, managing and encouraging cross-functional cooperation and synergies with other departments locally as well as internationally to maximize Cochlear’s value.
- Ensure all team members are fully trained and updated on the product range
Sales Management within Regional Scope of Responsibility
- Manage the sales business in CZ/SK in accordance with Cochlear’s guidelines, policies and objectives and ensure that all country legislation is complied with.
- Prepare sales data and statistics as may be required by the business.
- Deliver sales growth of established products and promote new products and services as well as increase the market share within the designated territory.
- Identify business opportunities and threats along the treatment pathway and propose relating concepts and mitigations.
- Identify and convince customers who have limited or no experience with Cochlear products.
- Coordinate Cochlear submissions for hearing implant tenders in countries of responsibility
- Identify new business models. Identify new clinics to start with implantable hearing solutions from Cochlear
- Establish targets in areas such as product mix, sales volume, market share and business development and monitor the performance of the organization against these goals
- Adjust sales strategies and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions
- Develop pricing and discount strategies to maximize sales revenue
- Develop a country strategy in collaboration with the CEE Customer Service Manager and the CE Area Manager in order to ensure the ability to supply the highest level of support to the customer base
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and engage KOLs, business partners and market influencers with our long-term strategies
- Implementation of new products launches in the region as defined by the Global and Regional marketing strategies
- Continually assess all aspects of healthcare developments and funding, determine areas of influence for Cochlear and take active steps to help secure funding in a "branded re-imbursement" method and expand the market
- Actively participate in relevant congresses, symposia, workshops and similar events
Relationship Management with Clinic Staff and Professionals
- Initiate, agree and implement a pricing structure, which by controlled expenditure will produce a pre-agreed profit for a defined percentage of sales revenue.
- Select clinics where implant programs have to be established and maintained.
- Maintain regular personal contact with key personnel, i.e. directors, ENT-surgeons, audiologists, engineers, speech therapists, psychologists, acousticians and other health care professionals who built up an Implant Team within potential centers.
- Establish close personal contact with all relevant purchasing staff, departments and bodies in order to be involved in the purchasing decision process through the preparation of Tenders, Quality Studies, and the presentation of other medico-economic data in order to favorably influence the decision to buy.
- Assist the individual clinic to accrue patients in sufficient numbers for the capacity of the clinic by actively maintaining contacts with and organizing meetings for ENT-doctors, pediatricians, targeted general practitioners and acousticians.
- Maintain close personal contacts with schools for the deaf to ensure a smooth and continuous flow of children candidates to the clinics for investigation and evaluation.
- Establish a fully functioning after sales network in the territory.
- Support the clinics in all clinical, technical, logistic and commercial matters by calling on the support of these departments in the company thereby ensuring at all times the highest level of professional service to all relevant clinic and purchasing staff.
- Develop a recipient-advocate network
- Develop the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts in conjunction with the Area Manger
- Oversee the overall sales budget and forecasts and ensure budgets and expense targets are adhered to accordingly
- Monitor business performance against budget & forecasts and undertake corrective action where necessary
- Monitor the cost and effectiveness of sales activities in the territory to optimize resources and prioritize spending
Relationship Management to Business Partners
- Establish throughout the territory new service partners and support establishments in order that the ever increasing patient base is fully and professional served whether in the area of spare parts or repairs or in the area of ongoing rehabilitation and therapy.
- Establish throughout the territory new business partner(s) for one or more Cochlear product groups if opted business model requires it. Manage, develop and support business partner in achieving sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the health care system(s) in the territory and keep up to date it all developments both economic and political that may impact on the business.
- Establish and maintain professional relations with insurance and companies and other funding bodies to help to obtain the best funding for all patients.
- Appoint a local service or other business partners as required.
Ensure Appropriate Public Presentation of Cochlear and its Products/Services
- Continually train all clinic personnel how to publish information about Cochlear Implants, both verbally and in writing, do presentations, organize and run workshop and seminars.
- Coordinate with the Clinical Technical staff and all relevant clinic staff and professionals the preparation of scientific reports for presentation at relevant medical congresses and help in gaining publication of these in specialist journals.
- Keep up-to-date to national and international compliance regulations and ensure that any kind of activities are compliant
Support Customer Service and Marketing Activities
- Support in the territory the set up of a functional direct service and with our partners and support the establishments in order that the ever increasing patient base is fully and professional served whether in the area of spare parts or repairs or in the area of ongoing rehabilitation and therapy.
- In alignment with Marketing staff, provide guidance from a local sales perspective on the participation in and the content and planning of congresses, symposia, workshops and similar events.
- Actively participate in relevant congresses, symposia, workshops and similar events.
- Prepare and hold presentations on internal and external events.
- In alignment with Customer Service staff, to provide local sales perspective on company initiatives (e.g. SPOT, NPS) and to support their implementation.
- Undertake special projects and other tasks if needed and requested.
- Provide continuously guidance and support to customer service colleagues to smoothly progress on topics which depend on sales input
Accountable for CZ/SK operation including Prague office entity management
- Demonstrate leadership attitude which motivates local team and acknowledges local market development leadership
- Accountable for successful product registrations in countries of responsibility
- Accountable for successful product reimbursement applications in countries of responsibility
- Accountable for ensuring a registrations which are required to operate directly in CZ and SK are fulfilled and always up to date (i.e. Sukl registration)
- Continuously recommend organizational/structural development Cochlear’s presence in CZ and SK
- Demonstrate active involvement in the implementation and improvement of relevant quality procedures.
- Reinforce usage and be role model in corporate and employee development topics that support delivery of Cochlear’s current and future business objectives, for example, by:
- Facilitating expectations for individuals and team in alignment with HQ
- Providing regular feedback and support team performance
- Providing coaching for growth and success to build individual and team capability
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace health and safety through active involvement and implementation of Cochlear’s OHS and Injury management procedures
Put the customer at the centre of all that we do
- Listen and act with the customer in mind.
- Strive to enhance the customer experience.
- Seek to learn about and understand our customers.
- Help others think about our customers.
Think differently to change and grow
- Inspire and implement new ways of thinking and operating.
- Keep things simple, specify minimum must haves.
- Challenge the status quo and take calculated risks.
- Make it okay to make mistakes and learn from them.
Inspire each other to achieve
- Develop self and others to grow the business.
- Make decisions, demonstrate courage and overcome obstacles.
- Respond and adapt quickly to changes.
- Recognise and celebrate success and achievements.
Unite and act as one
- Seek alignment around decisions and demonstrate shared accountability.
- Work together to identify and act on opportunities.
- Consider diverse perspectives to solve problems.
- Build trust, strengthen relationships and communicate openly.
Advertised: Central Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now