Broad Content of Role:
This position will suit someone who is part qualified or equivalent and preferably experience within a corporate environment. It is a developing position within a professional multicultural Finance Planning and Analysis team, assisting in the delivery of financial analysis and the provision of reports for historic and forward analysis. The successful candidate will assist in providing financial data and information to Cochlear’s Management team which requires strong and confident communication skills. This position would be ideal for a candidate who is keen to develop a career in Finance. You must have advanced excel skills. The FPA team work to very tight deadlines and because of this have a sense of strong comradery.
• Qualified CIMA or equivalent, or qualified by experience
• Three years post qualification experience
• Microsoft Excel to advanced standard
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter, able to work independently
• Ability to influence decision-making process
• Working knowledge of analysis database (Hyperion/Essbase or similar)
• Opportunity to work across organisation boundaries
• Opportunity to work in a multi-discipline, European business environment
• Opportunity to work in medium-sized business units with high growth potential
Duties and Responsibilities:
Integrated Business Planning:
• Coordinate and facilitate monthly review calls, meetings, distribution of guidance and timelines relating to the integrated business plan
Consolidation of EMEA integrated business plan results, including preparation of monthly review slide deck
• Working closely with the FP&A team to meet the required standards and deadlines required in the integrated business planning process
• Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement. Undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities.
• Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
• Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager.
Financial and Business Analysis:
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial management reporting requirements, including variance analysis and commentary
• Prepare regular reports as required by EMEA management, department and function heads (e.g. weekly sales, monthly P&L, slide deck etc.)
• Provide ad-hoc analytical support and assistance to the FP&A team
• Provide support in projects requiring finance involvement, including measurement of performance and profitability
• Build good working relationships with key stakeholders in order to understand the business and its needs
• Work with the business teams to understand the strategic direction and contribute to achieving the business objectives
- The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.