Job Title: Event Marketing Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role – ALSO ROLE SUMMARY
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market and support cochlear implant clinics and recipients we are recruiting for an Event Marketing Specialist in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to strategically plan and execute all event logistics for key industry professional and consumer trade shows. You’ll work collaboratively with the professional and consumer marketing teams to create innovative booth spaces and educational events that showcase Cochlear as the market leader in implantable hearing technology. This event marketing role is responsible for coordinating all logistics associated with our key industry trade shows/meetings including but not limited to: hotel contracts, accommodations, meeting specs (food and beverage, audio visual), registrations, event experience (event app, décor and entertainment), convention trade show management (development of event materials, on-site exhibit set-up/breakdown, support) and internal/external communications.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of cross-functional expertise in meeting management, vendor negotiation, on-site coordination and budget planning. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've executed a trade show or event that meets the targeted strategy and goal that you and the professional and/or consumer marketing team set forth for that specific event.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the event management logistics including but not limited to: hotel contracts, accommodations, meeting specs (food and beverage, audio visual), registrations, event experience (event app, décor and entertainment), convention trade show management (development of event materials, on-site exhibit set-up/breakdown, support) and internal/external communications.
- Lead the cross functional planning meetings, communicating and maintaining all deadlines to the planning team, and scheduling all follow-up debrief meetings.
- Able to manage multiple meetings and events concurrently; meeting all deadlines and required tasks.
- Maintain budget for all assigned meetings.
- Create and maintain online registration pages
- Vendor management for trade shows or large meetings. Communicating all needs effectively and manage the invoices and delivery of all needs in a timely manner.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Minimum 3-5 years cross-functional experience in corporate meeting planning and management with extensive experience in vendor negotiation, site coordination and planning.
- Adaptability to changing work environments and fast paced settings.
- Ability to multi-task while still meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to persevere with a positive outlook during stressful times.
- Proven record of excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Budget management up to $200,000, with +/- 3% of overall budget.
- Experience/knowledge with the event management system Cvent is preferred.
- Computer literacy and competency in all Microsoft Office tools & Outlook.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers