Job Title: Accounting & Finance Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As one of the top 100 medical device companies and the market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role – ALSO ROLE SUMMARY
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market, we are recruiting for an Accounting and Finance Specialist in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
The Accounting and Finance Specialist will work with a variety of subject matter experts and other team members to assist in the completion of key tasks, such as: cash posting, implant management and billing, and reporting. The Accounting and Finance Specialist will work closely with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Finance, and Accounting.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to effectively collaborate with a variety of subject matter experts and other team members to assist in the completion of key tasks and projects. You will own aspects of the daily processes related to cash posting and implant management and billing, and assist in projects related to these areas, as well as financial planning and analysis and financial reporting. You will effectively manage and prioritize project related tasks as well as daily process responsibilities to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables. In this new role, you will work closely with the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Finance, and Accounting teams.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of accounting, financial controls, and financial reporting. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've maintained the business as usual expectations while also delivering on an increase in efficiency and control over our financials, making it easier to do business with the accounting team and ensuring the team is able to handle change and growth.
- Assisting with the creation of accounting transaction journal entries, processing of adjustments, posting of all types of account balance activity, and month-end reconciliation processes
- Assisting the Gross Margin Accounting Manager in the management of implants and products which are offsite through consignment, field stock, and/or backup inventory, including tracking, communicating with those in possession, billing, and monitoring the related performance metrics
- Assisting the Cash Posting team in cash management activities including managing the Lockbox application, posting all types of payments, applying reimbursement activity to customer accounts, and reconciling on-account balances
- Assisting the Financial Planning & Analysis team with various reporting requirements, including product sales reporting, customer sales reporting, and quarterly forecast and budget reporting
- Assisting in the creation and analysis of key performance metrics
- Assisting with the filing and upkeep of critical documents, such as vendor invoices and account support.
- Assisting with ongoing improvement of related processes
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in a professional role
- Achieved knowledge and understanding of transactional accounting, reporting, and analysis
- Basic knowledge of computer technology in its application to financial accounting and control
- Proven ability to prioritize proactively in order to work effectively with a diverse group of people and in a cross-functional nature in an ever changing environment
- Experience in FP&A, Cash Management/Posting, or Inventory Accounting preferred
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers