Job Title: Regional Director - Great Lakes
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help deliver exceptional care to Cochlear’s recipients and patients in need of implantable hearing technologies, we are recruiting for a Regional Director, Great Lakes Region. The successful incumbent can be based in either MI/OH/IN.
To be successful in this role you will provide strategic leadership to set the direction for the regional team that includes clinical territory managers, engagement team members and reimbursement partners. You are experienced in setting sales direction within a territory, to include both growth and share strategies, and consistently deliver revenue results for your assigned territory/region. Your ability to establish and manage partnerships with key leaders in variety of clinical settings demonstrates your overall results impact. You are experienced in contract negotiations with a variety of professional clinical partners, and are accustomed to working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to finalize pricing. You’ll work collaboratively with functional leaders throughout an organization that may include; marketing, customer experience, and clinical studies, to execute business strategies. Your skills are well developed in a sales training process, ideally Miller-Heiman, which are reflected in your business planning, and team performance. You are an engaged and motivated sales leader who enjoys developing team members to deliver results with and through others to achieve business objectives.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of audiology clinics including clinical care and practice management. Success with this program will support the transformation of implantable hearing long-term care to enable a broad sustainable network of clinical care to support the growing population of over 100,000 Cochlear recipients throughout the US and Canada.
- Operational leadership responsibility for the Great Lakes region, it’s team members and customers.
- Hires, coaches and develops the team to effectively deliver results on the busienss strategy. Team performs at a high level, has a strong team connection and are accountable for performance outcomes.
- Assures compliance with all relevant guidelines and regulations, maintaining a commitment to quality and compliance within the team.
- Team members establish and maintain strong customer relationships with assigned accounts (surgeons, audiologists, surgical departments, purchasing, etc).
- Travels with team members to coach, train and develop relationships with customers and listening for opportunities of strength and development and implementing with territory/regional plans.
- Reviews, approves and presents pricing and unit purchase proposals and contract options with team members. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage purchase proposals and ensure completion in a timely and compliant manner.
- In coordination with marketing leaders, develop and execute successful marketing initiatives and other programs. Evaluate trends and impact on market to ensure positive outcome.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Five (5) years’ experience in the health-care sales and marketing field. Application of marketing strategies to drive business/territory growth.
- Five (5) years in a sales capacity with a minimum of (2) years of field management. Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to review detailed sales reports and complete trend analysis. Application of both short and long-term business planning.
- Strong team leadership and ability to coach, mentor, train and develop team members.
- Demonstrated collaboration and ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and execute product presentations to others.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective business plans and sales plans.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and on occasion internationally. Travel requirement is approximately 60% with overnight stays, and in some instances may exceed that for specified periods of time.
- Knowledge of sales plan’s objectives and strategies for product lines.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers