Senior Production Engineer
Job no: 608416
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
Due to a recent internal move we are looking to recruit a Senior Production Engineer to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations Manufacturing division based in Newstead. This operation manufactures all external accessory components. This exciting position is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract. We encourage existing employees to apply on a secondment basis.
The Senior Production Engineer is responsible for providing leadership, expertise and development of manufacturing staff towards best practice manufacturing. They key accountabilities of this role include:
- Production support
- Project Work
- Point of contact for other departments
- Compliance to regulations
- Strategic improvement
- Ensure training of relevant staff is valid
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience in SMT – Volume production
- Experience in Assembly Manufacturing
- Wire bonding, encapsulation , die bonding
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Class III medical product manufacture or similar
- Have experience working in an environment where extensive regulation is required
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You are a trouble shooter who likes to think about the box
- Engineering degree – Electronics; Mechanical or Mechatronics
Additional beneficial skills:
- SAP / Creo / Altium
- Experience in plastic injection moulding
Experience working within the Medical industry
Kepner-Tregoe problem solving
- Working to ISO 13485 requirements
If you have a passion for continuous improvement and have the technical skills matched with experience we encourage you to apply.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today, if you meet the above criteria and are interested in a role with Cochlear.
Brisbane offers a world class lifestyle and a vibrant economy.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now