Business Development Manager - Thailand
Job no: 608432
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, Sales
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™). Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to be based in Thailand. Reporting to the General Manager, Asia Growth Markets (AGM) the successful Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to evaluate and develop the country sales strategy, develop and lead relationships with professionals, collaborate with regional functional managers to develop local capability and lead the development of a sustainable business model aligning with market and business growth opportunities.
- Evaluate, develop and execute country’s sales and distribution strategies and plans based on market potential
- Take full responsibility for the sales planning process, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Drive the execution of these sales plans to ensure they achieve the company’s financial goals
- Achieve an efficient distribution model and lead the implementation of this model
- Cooperate with Marketing, Clinical & Re/Habilitation, and Regulatory functions, to develop appropriate product strategies (product mix and life cycle, pricing, access), clinical training & support, and local capabilities
- Understand & shape the local funding programs and policies
- Analyze the market and identify growth opportunities - market environment , customers, regulations, competitors – and execute the go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with marketing and clinical teams to execute commercial and clinical activities
- Maintain a thorough product knowledge of Cochlear hearing solutions range and offerings
- Build and maintain direct, high level interactions and relationships with KOLs, key surgeons, hearing professionals, health institutions, professional bodies, NGOs, payers and distributors
- Assist surgeons & audiologists with the selection of suitable implant candidates and ensure understanding of the evaluation process
- Establish, develop and foster relationships with all customers, within the country, and execute sales plans for existing accounts to meet sales targets
- Manage and drive the country business development strategies and growth.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in high-performing sales and distribution management within the medical device or healthcare industry
- Bachelor degree with a major in medicine/science/biotech/bioengineering/business/ marketing related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to permanently reside in Thailand with extensive travel in-country
- Strong experience in commercial operations & distribution channel
- Demonstrated skills in inventory planning, sales forecasting, budgeting, negotiation, selling and strategic planning, coaching and counseling
- Ability to foster and develop effective internal and external business relationships is essential
- Requires exceptional leadership, presentation and communication skills; strong organization skills; and ability to interface effectively with functional teams
- Fluency in English communication skill
- Experience in hearing industry
- Operating Room working experience
- Multinational Corporation experience
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to work within a global organisation that helps people to Hear Now. And Always. We will have the ability to engage in the delivery of life changing technology in a front line commercial role with
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has a 70% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now