Marketing & Communication Specialist
Job no: 608453
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Middle East & Africa, Individual Contributor, Business Analysis/Requirements, Marketing
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
This new exciting position will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Manager with oversight of the implementation of B2B and B2C marketing-communications activities related to product and services across the Middle East & Africa (MEA) region. The role requires knowledge and experience across a scope of relating fields: market research, marketing campaigns, product management, events (professional and patient-focused), digital marketing activities, and communications (public and media relations).
You will be working in close alignment between the local Sales and Marketing organization and the EMEA and Global marketing departments
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of the MEA marketing strategy in line with the EMEA marketing strategy.
- Support the planning and implementation of new marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Support the development and roll-out of country level promotions through business partners
- Develop and implement PR and media relations initiatives and activities to drive awareness of hearing loss in general, and implantable hearing solutions in particular, in alignment with the EMEA Communications team, Marketing Manager – MEA, and Area Sales Managers.
- Oversee continued media and message training with spokespeople, healthcare professionals, recipients and their families as required for media relations, corporate videos, etc
- Adapt, streamline and manage product and corporate messaging across all marketing channels and outputs, in cooperation with the Marketing Manager - MEA
- Review the development and/or adaptation of marketing material in cooperation with local partners and agencies for the various target groups (e.g. recipients/ parents, medical professionals, health care providers).
- Manage and allocate work to external providers according to business needs (agencies, printers, photographers, exhibit houses, etc.), considering corporate guidelines and maximizing savings while maintaining quality.
- Support the Marketing team in the development of annual product programs/ lifecycle management campaigns, including launch plans and promotional campaigns with clear success/failure measures, material development and implementation, audio visuals, etc. in close collaboration with the EMEA Marketing as well as local peer-level functions (sales, clinical technical, customer service).
- In alignment with EMEA Marketing Communications Team, utilize and maintain various tools and databases: Image database, print-on-demand library, local commercial support inventory, considering Cochlear’s document management standards and processes.
- Create new marketing messages/material for different campaigns & target groups.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now