Product Lifecycle Engineering Manager
Job no: 608455
Work type: Permanent
Categories: People Manager, Engineering, Oceania
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Lifecycle Engineering Manager, Sound Processors and Connectivity to work in our engineering division at Global HQ in Sydney, Australia. You will be joining a global company within the D&D Sound Processor and Accessory team, with passionate colleagues to govern all released sound processor products in the market.
The purpose of the Product Lifecycle Engineering Manager, Sound Processors and Connectivity role is to be responsible for managing and coordinating multiple simultaneous sustaining projects and working closely cross functionally with M&L, Quality, Regulatory, R&D and Marketing to monitor implementation of activities.
In this role you will be responsible for:
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to shape Cochlear’s flagship business. You will have the benefit of working across multiple interesting and innovative projects, with significant career development avenues for the right person. Cochlear offers a supportive and collaborative working environment with ample opportunity to progress.
- Tertiary education within the field of engineering (mechanical, electrical) or other relevant areas
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management skills with proven track record for successful delivery of projects on time, budget, and quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with ideally experience in defining scope
- Prior experience in managing a team with good knowledge with estimating and scheduling project tasks in multiple and diverse environments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to all levels of the organisation and to customers, vendors and partners
- Ideally, an awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application for innovative products that solve real-world problems and developing mechanical / electronic based products from inception to launch
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now