Lead Mechanical Engineer (CBO)
Job no: 608462
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, People Manager
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
Due to a recent internal move we are looking to recruit a Team Leader within the Mechanical Engineering department to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations Manufacturing division based in Newstead. This operation manufactures all external accessory components. This exciting position is offered on a full time permanent basis.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing leadership, expertise and development of manufacturing staff towards best practice manufacturing. They key accountabilities of this role include:
- Team Leadership
- Technical Leadership – Mechanical Engineering
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Mechanical/Mechatronics Design)
- Highly developed people and communication skills
- Proven leadership skills – Lead a team of at least four
- Minimum of 10 years of related industry experience
- Experienced in product development and product lifecycle management
- Experience in leading technical teams, mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Experience in design of consumer mechanical parts and assemblies
- Experience in design of injection mould tooling, production jigs and fixtures
- Experienced in fault analysis, trouble shooting and statistical techniques.
- Experience in process development
- Experience in using CAE software tools (Creo or similar)
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Have experience working in an environment where extensive regulation is required
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You are a trouble shooter who likes to think outside of the box
Additional beneficial skills:
- Experience in design and development of medical products
- Experienced in plastics and selection of materials
- Knowledge of Moldflow and finite element analysis
- Past engineering management experience in building high performing engineering teams and supervisory capacity is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written), including previous experience at solving highly complex technical issues by collaborating effectively with others and successfully developing solid relationships
- Strong technical leadership and management skills, ability to deliver results with small, fast-paced teams, and ability to work across teams
If you have a passion for continuous improvement and have the technical skills matched with experience we encourage you to apply.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today, if you meet the above criteria and are interested in a role with Cochlear.
Brisbane is a world class city offering a high standard of living and a vibrant economy.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now