Test System Verification Engineer
Job no: 608494
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Validation & Verification, Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
To continue to grow our capabilities in our established Test Systems group within the Research and Development Systems Department, we are seeking an experienced Verification Engineer to join our team at our global head office on a permanent basis.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that Test Systems, developed in-house for our manufacturing lines and for use by our R&D team, are fully verified in a timely manner so that Cochlear continues to realise its mission by ensuring that high quality products are delivered on time to our customers.
This is a key role for our Test System development team, as you will be leading the verification activities for all test systems deliverables for Cochlear’s next sound processor products. You will be required to develop and execute test system verifications concurrently with the development of the product and its test system. Your verification protocols will challenge the test system implementation throughout the various development phases of the product and test system, so that all releases will be delivered to our R&D teams with the best quality.
Other accountabilities include:
- Ensure high quality Manufacturing Test Systems release through the execution of rigorous verification processes and documents package delivery, including IQ protocols, Work Instructions, Verification protocols and reports …
- Define and capture Test Requirements by collaborating with Test Systems ‘stakeholders such as Electrical engineers, Mechanical engineers, NPI engineers and Manufacturing engineers.
- Strategizing, planning and execution of Verification activities to support product releases and product design verification
- Perform verification of Manufacturing Test Systems (Combination of SW and HW)
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient Test Systems Verification methods and tools including test automation, documentation generation, test requirements generation and control …
- Collaborate and influence multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure good quality delivery of Test Systems
- Provide supervision, guidance, mentoring and training of other team members on System Level Verification
To be Successful in this role
You will have:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar, such as Electronics Engineering Certificate/Diploma with solid experience as a Technical Officer (hardware) who wants to step up his career to the next level
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in System, firmware or hardware testing, preferably on medical devices, ideally in Test Systems
- Experience with the development of products within a Product Design/Development framework
- Experience in, knowledge and understanding of the integration and testing of firmware and hardware
- Experience working with test instrumentation and test hardware Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and provide feedback to internal customers regarding project issues
You will be:
- Skilled in cross-functional thinking and problem solving
- Able to collaborate and influence, supervise, mentor and train team members
- Able to articulate and clearly document verification methods and activities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Passionate, thorough, accurate
Additionally, it would be advantageous to have:
- Experience in software development (LabVIEW experience ideal, C#, Python)
- Experience using Jama software, or similar requirements management tool
- Experience using Atlassian collaborative tools (JIRA, Confluence)
If you are this person, if you like to work collaboratively with others and if you constantly strive for improvement, then Apply Online today and take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now