Job no: 608501
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Do you want to make a difference with your passion for technology. Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in object oriented software development to work for a world leader? Imagine developing software for implantable hearing applications, and in this way help people hear and be heard.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for Cochlear’s Mechelen based site. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with serious hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 450.000 patients have stepped through the door of the hearing world. In Mechelen, the activities of Cochlear consist of European research, development, production, training, and sales in the Benelux region.
As Software Engineer you will create software that focus on exceptional quality and user-centric design principles. You’ll be part of the team in charge of the library development, which is abstracting the hardware communication allowing other teams to develop user applications without low-level knowledge of the hardware. This role is responsible for:
- Developing software drivers in C++, with a small layer in C++/CLI.
- Developing when needed automated tests in C# to test these drivers, and application code in C# that provides communication with above mentioned software drivers.
- Developing software within an Agile development framework based on industry best practices.
- Preparing overall software design, including partitioning of the software, the architecture/structure of internal and external interfaces, together with a global team of engineers.
- Driving improvements to our products and processes.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance to help resolve customer issues.
This is a great opportunity to work along a team of experts that is responsible for the complete system integration of our products. Grow your skillset to become a recognized expert in the field. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
You are the right candidate for this role when
- you have a strong experience as a software developer with good knowledge of object oriented software development;
- you have proven experience with C++, C# and with developing Windows desktop client applications; Knowledge of Qt (cross platform software development) is a plus
- you are familiar with Agile development environments and scrum;
- you have good English writing skills for purposes of design and code documentation;
- you have a high level of abstract problem solving ability, and good analytical thinking;
- you are an open team player with an interest in continuous improvement and trying to find better ways of doing things.
Apply now by completing your application form online.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now