Job Title: Leadership Development Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role – ALSO ROLE SUMMARY
In order to help Cochlear build organizational talent and capability, we are recruiting for a Leadership Development Manager in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to develop leaders across the US and Canada and set them up for continuous growth in their careers at Cochlear. You’ll work collaboratively with directors and managers across the US and Canada to drive leadership development to prepare our leaders for the continued growth across the organization. This leadership role is responsible for implementing Cochlear’s leadership framework, Leading the Way, across the US and Canada.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of leadership development. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've become a trusted advisor with leaders across the business.
The Leadership Development Manager will focus on executing Cochlear’s Leadership Framework, Leading the Way. This will support development in the strategic initiative of Shape the Organization: Develop Organizational Talent and Capabilities. The Leadership Development Manager will focus on delivering key leadership programs to directors, senior directors, managers, and senior managers across the US and Canada. Additionally, this team member will focus on the design and development of leadership development content and will help curate resources for leaders to access in their self-development. This team member will also provide coaching and support to managers in using various knowledge, tools, and resources to create on-the-job development experiences. Collaboration and alignment with the global learning team will be critical in this role. The manager will also be responsible for coaching and developing one direct report who will focus on leadership development at the early in career manager level and supervisor level, as well as professional development.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training, in addition to 4+ years experience as a Talent Development practitioner.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of facilitating to frontline or mid-level managers
- Ability to influence without authority, including coaching and providing feedback to others that are not part of reporting structure
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult learning theory is required.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong negotiation skills in dealing with business partners.
- Project management skill set. Ability to demonstrate leadership, build relationships and inspire others to follow.
- Successfully able to work and influence others in a matrix organization
- Ability to work within and meet strict deadlines without supervision or exception.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and willing to learn new tasks quickly.
- Demonstrates time management skills. Has the ability to prioritize current workload and projects and provides periodic updates to management on status.
- Focus on teamwork and positive attitude
- Ability to interact with Field leaders and representatives
- Knowledge of ATD best-practices and adult learning principles
- Ability to travel in the U.S. and globally as needed (0-20%)
- High level of professional integrity
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.