Associate Product Manager
Job no: 608556
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, Marketing
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™). Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand.
We are seeking an Associate Product Manager, reporting to the Product Manager – Sound Processors and Connectivity, to be based in our Sydney Office. In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to support the Asia Pacific (APAC) Cochlear Implant (CI) Systems product marketing team in growing the business by planning and managing the introduction and lifecycle of Cochlear’s Sound Processors, Connectivity and Implants products in the Asia Pacific region, as well as supporting the team on other growth initiatives. This role will also have an additional focus on the True Wireless Life portfolio and selected Asian Growth Markets.
- Support the Sound Processor portfolio by coordinating with cross-functional and Asia Pacific country marketing teams to:
- Plan and execute product launches and campaigns
- Manage the production of materials and other launch deliverables (including packaging and configurations).
- Liaise and coordinate with other APAC functions to ensure timely and accurate delivery of project deadlines.
- Assist the Product Manager with the identification of target markets, product positioning and pricing strategy.
- Assist and manage country marketing campaigns to drive growth in CI systems and upgrades.
- Lead on new product launches for Asia Growth Markets, Hong Kong and Taiwan by planning and executing on product launches and campaigns and managing production of materials and other launch deliverable (including packaging and configurations).
- Create and maintain product configuration records, order forms and new product announcements.
- In collaboration with the appropriate country marketing managers, assist with the development of the True Wireless Life portfolio product marketing plans.
- Develop a deep understanding of the True Wireless Life portfolio, including product features, benefits and value proposition to serve as a subject matter expert for this product portfolio.
- Lead and manage the product lifecycle process for the True Wireless Life portfolio.
- Contribute to Asia-Pacific’s Marketing Strategy and implementation of Marketing Initiatives by supporting the APAC Marketing Team, including product management support for other product launches, campaigns, growth initiatives, analysis and reporting in the APAC Product Marketing team.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Graduate qualifications in marketing, business, science or engineering related degree
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Analytical skills to translate facts and figures into growth opportunities
- Achievement-oriented with good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and initiative – willingness and ambition to go above and beyond what’s required
- At least 2 years’ experience in product management or marketing (preferably in pharmaceuticals / life science industry / medical devices is advantageous, but not essential)
- A willingness to travel within the Asia-Pacific region on an occasional basis.
- Experience in Sales or Product Development within the pharmaceuticals / life science industry / medical devices.
This is a rare Asia-Pacific Associate Product Management opportunity that offers a unique breadth of experiences including the ability to work across a diverse, challenging and rewarding set of markets to make a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired. You will have the opportunity to be involved in launching and leading innovative technology covering B2B, B2C and B2B2C marketing initiatives across the entire customer journey and product lifecycle. You will also have exposure to multi-channel marketing including professional, print and digital/social. After demonstrating your ability to achieve and collaborate, there are ample opportunities for growth and advancement in this role.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has a 70% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now