UX/UI Design Analyst, EMEA
Job no: 608562
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Marketing, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Broad Content of Role:
This is an exciting new role based at Cochlear’s European HQ in Basel. One of the key challenges is the responsibility to drive your own projects and gain experience in a highly regulated and complex product category. You will act as the EMEA UX design project owner (projects are allocated from our HQ in Australia) and you will have operational responsibility for the UX design implementation of our future web platform within the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity to use your creative support to all our new user-centric information architecture which includes: user journeys, concepts of personalization and user interaction. This position also has the unique responsibility of combining individual technical knowledge and utilising your marketing expertise to align with our business goals. The successful individual will have the enviable task of delivering a completely new user experience platform to our diverse audience. You will be co-ordinating between EMEA HQ and local entities – so strong communication skills are paramount.
- Bachelor or comparable higher education in computer science, economic computer science or web engineering.
- At least three years of UX design experience; preference will be given to candidates who have experience in designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Experience in managing technical platform change.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and the like is a must. Basic HTML5, CSS3, Java Script and React JS skills are required.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to create solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to work as an EMEA project leader with our markets and our global entity to understand detailed requirements.
- A solid grasp of user-centric design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concepts.
- Ability to clarify and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- Experienced in cross-functional digital marketing projects.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and internally
- English (candidates must evidence very good written and oral skills).
- German is a plus but not mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with our global UX developer team to support deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a number of Cochlear devices and interfaces.
- Works as an interface with our business stakeholders in the region and with global IT on the functional requirements of developing new UX designs.
- Initiates and moderates kick-off meetings on project with relevant stakeholders.
- Actively participates in sprint reviews with internal UX developer team and business stakeholders.
- Works on continuous improvement of the operating model to deliver an enhanced user experience.
- Together with our global UX developer team, provides consultancy to our EMEA teams and takes action on strategic design and user-experience decisions.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing analyst to increase KPI related digital performance.
- The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: Romance Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now