Job Title: Operations Manager - Inbound Logistics and Hear Always
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role – ALSO ROLE SUMMARY
In order to help Cochlear Supply Chain Operations, we are recruiting for a Manager - Inbound Logistics and Hear Always Services in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to manage the inbound logistics for receiving, returns and programming services. You’ll work collaboratively with global supply chain operations, vendors and local teams to ensure best in class customer service and operational excellence. This people manager role is responsible for receiving goods, returns management and programing services.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of supply chain operations, warehousing, logistics, people management and customer service.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Manage the receipt of goods from Manufacturers and Local Suppliers
- Receive daily deliveries from freight vendors and suppliers, as well as Cochlear’s manufacturing sites.
- Ensure accuracy of delivered product by visual inspection, counting, scanning and other techniques.
- Document issues and report back to supplier, internal procurement and quality teams, and customs if applicable.
- Manage the Returned Goods Team, providing leadership and oversight of the return process.
- Set standards (KPIs) and manage staff performance to these standards
- Manage the customer return process through appropriate freight vendor options, electronic options, printed instruction support and packaging design together with other business units.
- Manage the Hear Always team, oversee the mapping process and implement improvements as applicable
- Drive and support continuous improvements and projects within Supply Chain
- Work cross-functionally with the Customer Experience Operations team to analyse the returns experience of Cochlear’s external customers and ensure that implemented changes to the returns process are being monitored and understood.
- Drive the development of global / regional Supply Chain Operations standards and align processes based on Lean principles and external benchmarks.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Six Sigma / Lean certification
- Excellent track record of building trust and collaboration within an organization
- Experience in Oracle
- 1 year of People Management experience
- Experience with Import/Export procedures and controls including a sound knowledge of FDA/US/Canadian Customs requirements
- Highly adept at understanding critical inventory control procedures and management of individuals critical to ensuring proper inventory procedures
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers