Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™). Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand.
We are seeking a Consumer Engagement Advisor to be based out of any of Cochlear's main office locations, including Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Customer Experience, the successful Consumer Engagement Advisor will have the unique opportunity to provide direct support to our customers. By reaching out to consumers, you will play an important role in their hearing journey to Cochlear implantation.
As part of your role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively engage with candidates to ensure they are supported throughout the decision-making and implantation process.
- Regularly follow up and communicate with consumers, providing appropriate touch points.
- Proactively engage with Cochlear’s consumers and candidates through avenues such as clinic events, office events, tech-talks, product trials, etc.
- Act as the primary liaison for assigned inbound and outbound telephone calls and email communication involving consumers.
- Provide administration support relating to consumer campaigns, aligning consumer messaging and shared goals, in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
- Document all consumer customer trends and concerns with business systems and team leadership.
- Offer solutions and provide creative ideas for responding to customer trends.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers, helping them to hear and be heard. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required.
- High degree of professionalism and cultural sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both professional partner and consumers.
- Strong communication skills both written, verbal and presentation ability.
- High ability to organize, prioritise activities and follow-through.
- Demonstrated history of a clear bias for action and an ability to work independently.
- Strong telephone and emailing skills are required.
- High level of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Hearing industry experience, preferably with cochlear implants.
- Engagement and communication experience with not-for-profit community and consumer relations.
- Articulate presentation abilities and intermediate use of MS Office.
- Experience with regular sales and marketing events, templates and structures.
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to interact and build relationships with external and internal groups, setting the foundation of future success. The ANZ regional group offers a collaborative work environment with ample training and development opportunities. You will be able to do meaningful work for a truly iconic Australian company.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has a 70% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.