Job Title: Reimbursement and Insurance Services Supervisor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
In order to help support cochlear implant recipients, we are recruiting for a Reimbursement and Insurance Services Supervisor in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you'll be able to directly impact the customer experience for thousands of cochlear implant recipients across North America by supervising staff and overseeing the processing of pending reimbursement orders. You will be expected to coach, teach, mentor, and professionally develop a team of 10+ personnel as they obtain the necessary documentation needed to progress orders. The leader in this role is expected to provide our customers with world-class service by demonstrating a high degree of knowledge, integrity, and empathy when addressing customer inquiries and escalations.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge and experience of reimbursement data entry and order processing, leading by example, accountability of yourself and your entire team, being a difference maker and contributor. You'll know you've been successful in this role when your team has exceeded Cochlear's lofty reimbursement goals while demonstrating the highest standards in regards to ethics, teamwork, work-ethic and professionalism.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- 2-4 years of experience in Reimbursement, Medical Insurance or equivalent field
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and/or develop others
- Proven ability to think critically and identify best practices
- Supports a positive team culture
- Proven ability to interact with customers to resolve complex insurance related situations
- Effective communication style across all levels of the business
- Experience working with Oracle, Brightree and/or Salesforce
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management / related field or 4+ year(s) of equivalent
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.