Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™). Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand.
We are seeking a Production Shift Manager, reporting to the Director – Cochlear Malaysia, to be based in our Kuala Lumpur Office. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for providing daily direction to teams in their production area and shift responsibility in the GRC. In addition to planning the methods and resources to provide for future production needs, the Production Shift Manager is also accountable for daily repair output and efficiency, resolving repair issues and problems as they arise in a collaborative effort with the Director - CMY and all relevant support employees. The Production Shift Manager is responsible, along with the Director – CMY, for leading and motivating their repair area as well as developing capability of Trainers, Repair Team Leaders and Electronic Assemblers.
1) Management day to day issues in repair area to achieve daily and weekly targets
- Point of escalation for all repair issues in area of responsibility
- Collaboration with Maintenance and Calibration and Production Engineering to resolve breakdowns impacting on production
- Line balancing/TAKT
- Running fast response meetings
- Liaison with other relevant departments to resolve problems impacting production
- Work in a collaborative manner with the Director - CMY to inform them off all issues impacting on the GRC
2) Implementation and management improvement initiatives
- Engagement of Engineering team to implement lean initiatives
- Engagement of GRC employees and team leaders to run Kaizen events
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives for production area
- Ensure effective use of common and standardized management process such as rotation plans, shift startup/shutdown, shift handover, 5S standards, pillar charts, pin mapping, flexibility matrix, etc.
- Work in collaboration with the Director - CMY for any structural changes to the working environment
3) Development and engagement of employees
- Provide support and leadership guidance to Trainers, Team Leaders and Electronic Assemblers
- Ensure training metrics are developed and maintained and appropriate development targets are developed for each individual in the team
- Responsible for the development of employees in the direct reporting line
4) Implement management standards to ensure work practices are productive and efficient
- Monitor overtime allocation and ensure the process adheres to the overtime allocation process for GRC employees, including team leaders
- Monitor trends in leave and punctuality patterns and ensure daily follow up actions take place directly with employees
- Ensure performance issues are managed promptly and necessary actions are implemented
- Participate in the recruitment selection process for Electronic Assemblers, Team Leaders and Trainers
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Technical or Manufacturing Management or trade qualifications with demonstrated manufacturing management experience
- Strong understanding of engineering design and/or manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Product design process knowledge.
- Exposure to a highly regulated environment working within a QMS framework
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has a 70% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.