Position Overview / Purpose:
Product Manager plays a significant role in NCC business growth by contributing to the development of strategy, managing launch projects, promoting existing products, and collaborate with many internal & external stakeholders for organizational & cultural growth for the following purposes
Develop an integrated marketing strategy based on the Global/APAC/NCC strategic initiative priorities for the growth of Cochlear Implant Market, and Bone Anchored Hearing Aid solution;
Clearly defining and prioritizing the NCC business opportunity. And develop a detailed implementation plan while Incorporating into overall product launch timetable
Accountability 1: Develop an integrated marketing strategy based on the Global/APAC/NCC strategic initiative priorities for the growth of Cochlear business
· Focus on what matters on business, and specifically “Grow the core” element.
· Utilize the ENTICE (awareness to action), ENTER (consultation to referral), ENGAGE (counselling to recovery), EMPOWER (switch-on to rehabilitation), EXTEND (hearing advocacy) framework, and enhance engagement of candidates.
· Utilize market research, market analysis and customer insights for the development of the plan
Provide a central point for marketing strategy interactions in NCC.
Accountability 2: Clearly define and prioritize the NCC business opportunity. And develop a detailed implementation plan while incorporating into overall product launch timetable
Clearly articulate the value proposition for each of the product offerings in each target customer group and segment.
Prioritize the projects, and activities.
Develop a NCC new product launch plan for the purpose of demand generation
New product initiatives
Habilitation Initiatives in collaboration with Clinical Education & Service Team
Develop the promotion plan and implement for NCC business sustainable growth.
Organize objectives, accountability & responsibility, timeframes
Linking into the A+ hearing framework.
Work in concert with APAC marketing and NCC cross functionally.
Accountability 3: Contribute to the cultural development & marketing team management.
Collaborate cross functionally in marketing plan development and implementation, and contribute to implementation in field, if necessary, as One Cochlear.
Work as a member of marketing team, contribute to the proactive culture development and smooth team management based on HEAR behaviour.
Collaborate other functional leaders to operate the business smoothly.
- Communicate & interact with APAC marketing and share the necessary information.
Contribute to the growth of marketing team as a senior member in marketing
Team Role (Individual contributor):
- Individually work, but will collaborate with other team members and other Dept. member as one Cochlear.
- Involve the Customer Facing team in Nihon Cochlear. Proactively communicate cross functionally, so that new initiatives will move forward without missing anything, Develop the better plan with cross functional input.
- Work with APAC team and report / have necessary information interactively.
Key Incumbent requirements:
• Graduate qualifications in marketing, business, engineering, IT or science
• Postgraduate qualifications in marketing, business administration or management; MBA or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 5 years of product management / marketing / services management in a medical device or technology field; preferably in pharmaceutical / life science industry / medical devices
• Demonstrated ability to identity business opportunities and utilize business tools to model process improvement and profitability
• Proven project management expertise
• Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Achievement oriented with a strong attention to detail
• Outstanding business acumen
• Enthusiasm – willingness to go above and beyond what’s required
• Native Japanese language, Fluent in business English both writing and conversation
Development Value of this role: