Job Title: Bilingual Customer Service Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
If you are looking to make an audible difference in people’s lives, then the Bilingual Customer Service Specialist role is right for you. Our customers rely on us to provide responsive and complete service to ensure their needs are met in a timely manner. You'll directly connect with the customer primarily through telephone conversation, along with email and chat functionality. This role is located in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO and will begin with a comprehensive training program.
To be successful in this role, you will learn in the first 90 days the skills to troubleshoot, provide product guidance, and process customer orders while demonstrating a high degree of empathy, sensitivity, and perseverance. This role consistently uses critical thinking and problem solving capabilities to ensure complex customer inquiries are resolved effectively.
You’ll have the opportunity to impact recipient’s lives by applying your customer support skills and knowledge of Cochlear’s products. You will work collaboratively with the Reimbursement, Supply Chain, Professional Care teams, and other cross functional teams to develop strong foundational skills and unique capabilities from the customer perspective.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at an interview:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of prior experience in a service-orientated role
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Positive phone demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues to defuse and resolve customer service inquiries in a timely, effective manner
- Intermediate computer skills in various software packages, including Microsoft Office, Oracle software and various web-based programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- One year of experience working in the medical field
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.