Job no: 608699
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
The Category Buyer is responsible for the execution of procurement processes, delivering effective global supply outcomes within their allocated category. In this role you will: Assists the Category Specialist/Procurement Manager in implementing strategies that deliver overall value to the business whilst considering risk, cost, quality, and compliance. Ensure continuity of supply and quality compliance, through effective supplier relationship management techniques. Assist the Category Specialist in developing and implementing robust commercial arrangements whilst maintaining strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate for this role will hold:
- Sound ERP system knowledge (Oracle, SAP)
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, building and maintaining commercial relationships and influencing internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong prioritization and problem solving skills in a fast paced production environment
- Demonstrated negotiation skills (Contract negotiations)
- Exposure to advanced sourcing methodologies and models.
What will make you stand out?
- Exposure to quality and regulatory systems for medical device companies.
- Exposure to Lean methodologies or other continuous improvement tools and thinking.
- Knowledge of and exposure to high-tech manufacturing or engineering-focused manufacturing environments.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now