Localisation Project Manager
Job no: 608741
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We have a newly created permanent opportunity available at Cochlear for a suitably qualified Localisation Project Manager. As the Localisation Project Manager you will be responsible for the successful end-to-end project management of localisation projects for Cochlear’s products and services throughout the product development lifecycle for product labelling, software and marketing communications content. The opportunity is provided to support the company’s localisation strategy and, internationalisation and localisation of best practices in alignment with the Localisation Manager.
The purpose of the Localisation Project Manager role is to provide end-to-end project management of localisation projects. In order to be a successful candidate for this role you will need to manage deliverables with language service providers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of target language deliverables and/or services through regular and unambiguous communication.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Project management and communication with internal and external stakeholders to gather localisation requirements, develop and communicate translation schedules, and report to cross-functional project teams on status, challenges and opportunities;
- Manage deliverables with language service providers and linguistic verification review resources, to ensure accurate and timely delivery of target language deliverables and/or services including quality assurance checks to ensure quality outcomes
- Manage prioritisation of projects both internally and report on the status of translation projects as part of the localisation team;
- Contribute to glossary development and manage the translation, review and approval of new terms, including inclusion in the terminology database and determine the point in time; to start translation of terms according to translation schedules and product launch plans
- Contribute to improvements and implementations of tools and systems to support a high quality translation process.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape Cochlear’s flagship business. You will have the benefit of working across multiple interesting and innovative projects. Cochlear offers a supportive and collaborative working environment with ample opportunity to progress.
- Tertiary qualification (degree, accreditation, or equivalent)
- Project management experience within the localisation industry
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, and react to changes quickly
- Strong organisational, planning, prioritisation and analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills for proofing
- Ideally, linguistic awareness and experience working with external suppliers, especially language service providers
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now