This is a new role where you will own your own portfolio of products. If you enjoy balancing the demands of the business against customer experience and cost, this could be a great career opportunity. There is also a requirement to develop strong working relationships with our global HQ in Sidney. Working in a cohesive and driven team you will be responsible for demand, supply planning, inventory positioning and stock levels for a portfolio of globally and/ or locally supplied items throughout their product lifecycle. This position will drive best in class customer experience across region through product availability, whilst balancing inventory in-line with working capital targets. You will also be responsible for mitigating financial risk to the business through the holding and write off of excessive inventory.
This position is ultimately delivering high-quality customer experience, operational excellence and value creation. Come and work at Cochlear and make a difference.
• Demand Planning experience working within FMCG or ‘distributor model’ supply chain organisation
• Advanced MS Excel
• Business intelligence reporting
• Oracle or similar ERP systems along with Demantra or similar demand planning systems experience
• End to end Supply Chain experience.
• Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
• The ability to analyse and report on large volumes of data.
• Risk management skills.
• Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across multiple functions.
• Ability to manage and drive change.
• A keen collaborator, with a proven ability to build trust and establish long-term sustainable collaborative relationships and partnerships, with stakeholders, customers and suppliers
• Excellent planning and organization skills with experience of determining priorities
• The ability to analyse and solve complex problems through innovative thought, and communicate findings and recommendations
• Embrace and facilitate change, using lean and continuous improvement thinking and techniques
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
• Experience within pharmaceutical and/or medical device supply chain organisations.
• Oracle R12 or more recent MRP/Demantra demand planning experience.
• Degree or equivalent.
• Membership of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, APICs or similar professional body
• Experienced gained working within complex European/ EMEA matrix organization
• Demonstrate the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
• Experience with Oracle inventory modules
• Supply Chain Budgeting experience
• Ability to read and analyse financial reports and variances
• Good presentation skills and the ability to deliver briefings / training to both large and small groups
• Experience of working within a Quality Management environment, gained within either medical devices (ISO13485), food, pharmaceuticals or similar business
• Lean 6 Sigma or similar qualification
Duties and Responsibilities:
Regional Demand Planning
• Responsible for product lifecycle management for a defined portfolio of products
• Including the creation of an accurate 24 month rolling forecast for assigned portfolio of products
• Building demand and supply plans in-line with the rolling forecast, maintaining within relevant demand and supply planning tools utilized within the Cochlear supply chain organisation
• Where appropriate own the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process for your portfolio of products
Communication & Collaboration
• Drive collaboration with all stakeholders, internal and external customers and suppliers
• Work with all stakeholders to produce accurate forecast and demand plans based on latest market intelligence and regional commercial activity
• Liaise with the customer relationship manager to efficiently communicate product availability for customer requirements.
• Provide a pivotal role between the Global and Regional Logistics teams, Operations and Product Management.
New Product Introductions & Product Revisions
• Responsibility for the full launch planning and inventory positioning of new products to market, ensuring planned launch and replenishment dates are met.
• Effective coordination of business unit’s product portfolio across the supply chain network as defined by the IBP process and various specific product launch, obsolescence and targeted service and inventory plans.
• Assist with post launch support and revision of processes.
• Ensure correct setup of forecasting and replenishment planning elements.
• Interaction with Product Management, Customer Relationship Manager, Regional Operations Manager and Inventory Controller to achieve product launch objectives.
• Support day-to-day operational processes to ensure delivery of stock availability and key performance indicators as set.
• Manage communications between planning and customer relationship manager.
• Own out of stock and regional back-order reporting for your portfolio of products, undertaking trend analysis to drive continuous improvement to mitigate the risk of future out of stocks and back orders
Drive improved Customer Service whilst reducing DSI and mitigating SLOB risk
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.