Mixed Signal ASIC Architect
Job no: 608807
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor
We are looking for a Mixed Signal ASIC Architect for Cochlear’s Mechelen site. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with a disabling hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 450.000 patients have stepped through the door of the hearing world. With the current low take up of hearing implants, the growth potential of the company is bright.
In Mechelen, we create innovative technology and platforms that are at the heart of Cochlear’s growth. We serve our internal customers, who are Cochlear Implant, Acoustic and Bone Conduction produce developers and help them to develop a range of hearing implants products. Therefore, we build ASICs, firmware libraries and wireless components architected for efficient re-use.
As Mixed Signal ASIC Architect, you are responsible for driving the definition, development and the verification of Cochlear’s next-generation hearing implantable ASIC solutions. You will work collaboratively with internal (ASIC teams, technology systems projects, development project projects, …) and external (ASIC design, test and supply vendors) key contacts to lead the development of custom integrated circuits for future product generations. Contribute to our mission by:
- Working with the cross functional development teams to develop chip architectures and requirements that provides a good partition between hardware, ASIC and software/firmware functions;
- Continually liaising and developing positive working relationships with external ASIC design, test and supply vendors to ensure that they deliver the highest quality and on schedule;
- Developing, continuously improving and maintaining ASIC development processes and ASIC implementation and methodology best practice;
- Deployment of Product and Technology Strategy.
Working for Cochlear Technology Centre, Mechelen, Belgium:
Cochlear Technology Centre is Cochlear’s largest Research & Development department outside Australia. Our enthusiastic colleagues work in a multidisciplinary setting to develop new technologies, products and manufacturing processes that will be used to develop new ground breaking hearing implant systems. Close links of collaboration exist between our centre and leading technology providers and universities over Europe. Our team is characterised by a familiar, informal and dynamic culture.
You are the right candidate for this role when
- You have proven experience in working with ASIC suppliers;
- You are motivated by platform thinking and by working in a broad and multidisciplinary work environment with many internal and external contacts;
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and internal customer focus, including strong communication skills, both commercially and technically, and a drive for quality;
- You have at least 3 years experience in analog and digital Custom Integrated Circuit development;
- You have experience with quality regulations and processes;
- You have a scientific degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent by experience.
We make people HEAR again. Come TALK to us.
Apply now by completing your application form online.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Applications close: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now