Global Privacy Counsel
Job no: 608864
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Individual Contributor, Legal & Patents
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Global Privacy Counsel to work in London, Basel or Gothenburg. You will be tasked with growing the Cochlear privacy office to meet the increasing demand for operational privacy guidance and support. The opportunity is provided to assist Cochlear business teams in implementing privacy-compliant solutions, and act as a regional resource to support European data protection matters.
The purpose of the Global Privacy Counsel role is to work with Cochlear’s Chief Privacy Officer in the ongoing development of our global privacy program. In order to be successful candidate for this role you will need to actively contribute to the capture and management of legal knowledge within the team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Conducting privacy assessments for cloud services, mobile apps, websites, marketing activities and employee data projects
- Assisting in the ongoing development of internal policies and procedures
- Maintaining and evolving Cochlear’s privacy assessment and data inventory system by developing and refining privacy assessment questionnaires and regularly confirming accuracy of data inventory with system owners
- Act as the in-region representative of the Chief Privacy Officer/Group Data Protection Officer for EU data protection compliance matters
- Work as a member of the Global Legal Team to develop and implement strategies to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the global legal function
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to shape Cochlear’s business. You will have the benefit of working across multiple interesting and innovative projects, with significant career development avenues for the right person. Cochlear offers a supportive and collaborative working environment with ample opportunity to progress.
- Minimum 3-5 years of practical privacy compliance experience (e.g., conducting privacy assessments, drafting privacy notices and/or external privacy collateral, advising on privacy-by-design, developing internal polices and procedures, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of data protection and privacy laws and best practices, especially with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and ePrivacy Directive
- Ability to work with technical engineering teams in applying privacy-by-design principles
- High level of communication, facilitation and influencing skills, including the ability to liaise at all levels
- Flexibility for occasional business travel within region and to company headquarters in Sydney
- Legal background preferred but non-lawyers will be considered with sufficient practical experience (in such case the role would be Global Privacy Manager)
- Relevant experience in the health care industry advantageous
- Additional European language skills preferred
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now