Group Product Manager, Processors & Connectivity
Job no: 608906
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, People Manager, Marketing
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead the development, and subsequent implementation, of the 5-year product and commercialisation strategy for this highly visible portfolio. The GPM uses his/her deep understanding of the needs of Cochlear’s customers and professional partners, as well as his/her awareness of the commercial and strategic needs of the organisation, to develop proposals for strategies and solutions to drive brand choice, market growth and keep Cochlear a step ahead of the competition. He/she is accountable for the full product lifecycle from conception to obsolescence.
Other accountabilities include:
- Aligning the Cochlear with customer-specific product and marketing strategies;
- Ensuring the proposed product/technical solutions and commercial strategies align with Cochlear’s overall strategy, and meet the needs of the relevant customers, professional partners and the organisation;
- Product lifestyle management as the champion and commercial expert for the sound processors and accessories portfolio, as well as for the timely and cost effective delivery of the commercial aspects of the approved portfolio strategy;
- Responsibility for the leadership, people management, support, development, career progression and succession planning of a team of product managers. The incumbent will champion a customer-centric mindset and a systematic approach to identifying profitable opportunities where Cochlear can deliver significant customer value; and
- Regional support.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Experience at a senior marketing level either in a health/technology environment, or a software product/service environment, with global responsibilities. Experience from within the hearing device or implantable device industry will be highly advantageous.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder engagement capability, including prior experience influencing senior executive leadership teams.
- Ability to understand complex products/services and to identify and assess commercial opportunities.
- Significant track record in; developing upstream conception, definition of new products and services, deploying downstream product/services plans for products and services.
- Extensive experience managing all, or some, aspects of the product life cycle, product/services launch campaigns, product/services concept creation and realisation.
- Experience managing a product/ services marketing team in a multifunctional and multicultural matrix structure.
- Relevant qualifications and Educational background in a technical environment (or equivalent through experience). A post-graduate marketing/business degree (or equivalent through experience).
As an employer of choice, Cochlear can offer:
- Global leadership position with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in transforming Cochlear into a customer-centric market leader in the hearing space; and
- Career progression within Global Marketing and across the company (for example: Strategic Marketing, Global Marketing, Global Recipient Services, Regional Marketing, Project Management, Finance, functional management).
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now