This is a great opportunity to work for the #1 leading brand in our industry and to make the job your own in a rapidly expanding successful team. The environment is stimulating and truly agile, presenting a huge opportunity for international collaboration working with highly engaged stake-holders across borders. This position requires an individual that has extensive experience at Director level leading a Product Marketing or Marketing Group, preferably within medical device industry. Working closely with the EMEA Marketing Team, Senior Leadership Team, and Marketing colleagues at corporate headquarters this position supports company business objectives for market growth and share. You will evidence the ability to lead, initiate, develop and deliver on all aspects of Cochlear’s product and professional marketing communications (to include campaigns and programs for Cochlear’s professional partners). There are great challenges within this role which include ensuring that all departmental plans, strategies and tactics align with and support the company’s sales, marketing and customer experience strategy, as well as complying with all legal, regulatory and brand guidelines. You will be responsible for professional event management, KOL development and gain exposure to upstream marketing. Working with a dynamic team of professionals, Cochlear are in an enviable position of having a strong product pipeline. If you like travelling, this position requires flexibility to travel up to 40%. This position reports into Head of Marketing, EMEA (described as a Mentor/Coach/Leader).
Lead the Professional Marketing Team
• Lead, coach and develop the EMEA professional marketing team of specialized professionals and ensure that the organization’s product and professional engagement strategy and plans are implemented effectively.
• Develop the EMEA product and professional strategy and plans based on EMEA business objectives in consultation with the, Head of Marketing EMEA, Head of Operations, Regional Directors, General Managers and global marketing and services colleagues.
• Evaluate all operational aspects of the team, identify gaps and make sound recommendations to Head of Marketing to improve process and effectiveness.
• Stay aware of developments and innovations in the product line platforms, and competitive landscape, so that the organization’s marketing activities remain current and relevant.
• Develop and execute budget, monitor monthly
Professional Marketing Communications Strategy and Branding
• Develop a deep understanding and appreciation of our professional partners, including professionals in the hearing referral pathway, across the region and portfolio.
• Document, develop, promote the brand identity and create the desired professional customer experience across all touchpoints with the brand, both before and after implantation.
• Define target professional customer segments with personas and messaging in line with the EMEA value selling model.
Group Product Management & Product Marketing
• Defines EMEA product marketing strategy in line with the regional and global marketing strategy.
• Supports development of specific country product marketing plans together with regional product management and local marketing managers.
• Prioritizes and monitors development and implementation of annual product programs as well as quarterly lifecycle management campaigns (including launch and obsolescence planning).
• Responsible to define and apply objective success/failure measures (e.g. KPIs).
• Develop technical and commercial expertise within the organization with respect to all product areas, including product knowledge, sales volume and trends, cost and margin information.
• Actively promote the quality management system and ensure that all staff are trained, so that everyone delivers the highest quality experience to our customers.
• Build capability of people and team to attract, develop and retain the best team and top talent, to deliver Cochlear’s current and future business objectives.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.