Job no: 609002
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Asia Pacific, People Manager, IT
The Manager is responsible for the end to end testing of all existing and future applications, systems and platforms under development and ongoing maintenance to reduce development defects and maintain quality standards. Testing service management includes all types of manual testing, automation testing, tools management, test data management and management of the software testing life cycle (STLC). The Test Manager is required to partner with the Applications Managers, Project Managers and Development Managers to use the appropriate framework to deliver quality outcomes into production.
Accountability 1: Testing Team Leadership
- Inspire and motivate team, provide direction and manage performance of both permanent employees and consultants.
- Guide, support, coach and mentor team members; ensuring team is clear on the expectations of their roles, objectives and priorities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide a consistent service delivery.
- Provide leadership, support and coaching to the team in STLC and agile testing framework.
- Ensure necessary technical training, awareness and experience levels are maintained within the team relevant to the testing processes being used.
- Facilitate improvements to process by changing approaches and working practices, typically using recognised models.
Accountability 2: Test Services Delivery & Quality Assurance Management
- Develop and manage test policies, criteria and procedures ensuring Global IT are educated and trained to drive improvements in performance and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate assessment of testing processes against Regulatory, QA requirements and quality standards to ensure standards are met and to provide input into process improvement that enhance the quality of services.
- Analyse detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to develop testing strategies that reduce the risk of system outages and identify system defects.
- Manage the administration of testing scripts (including unit, integration, capacity, system, user acceptance and release) to maintain compatibility with existing applications, hardware and devices.
- Prepare and submit detailed test reports to describe testing outcomes and assist developers in the removal of defects.
- Sign-off and tollgate for test results.
- Collation and reporting of issues arising during testing, and progress of regression testing.
- Partner with other Cochlear Stakeholders in Change Management to communicate system changes
- Drive the adoption of agile processes and practices to deliver improvements in test effectiveness and efficiency and to enable faster delivery.
- Manage quality assurance of all business requirements, functional design, process design.
Accountability 3: Test Automation
- Establish effective test automation strategy.
- Implementation, establishment and maintenance of a testing framework.
- Management of the ongoing development of testing to establish further test automation.
- Manage, develop, maintain and administer Jameleon test scripts, automated test scripts and QTP test scripts.
- Ensure testing tolls are supported (e.g. HP Test Central server).
- Consolidate, evaluate and execute recommendations for process improvements.
Accountability 4: Test Library Management
- Establish a test library, ensuring global communication of test library procedures and usage to provide a standard framework for the business.
- Develop and maintain application testing standards.
- Manage and administer test library, including ongoing development of common format and procedures.
Accountability 5: Testing Measurements and Reporting
- Relate testing project measures to assessment, management and improvement the testing process.
- Maintain a set of metrics related to process, project and product that drives decision making and improvements in testing services.
- Work with development and application teams to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of reporting on testing KPIs and progress reports.
- Maintain understanding of needs for metric and importance of collecting details for the specific metric to stakeholder and testing team.
- Educate the testing team about the data points need to be captured for processing the metric:- Identify and explain to the team the specific details that need to be tracked, determine the tracking frequency, and allocate the responsible resource.
- Develop the report with effective conclusion: identify the improvement areas based on the interpretation and analyses of the defined metrics.
- Distribute report to the stakeholder and take feedback.
Team Role (Manager of people):
- Demonstrate active involvement in the implementation and improvement of relevant quality procedures.
- Attract, develop and retain the best team to deliver Cochlear’s current and future business objectives, for example, by:
- Ensuring clarity of expectations for individuals and team
- Providing regular feedback on performance
- Providing coaching for growth and success to build individual and team capability
- Demonstrate due diligence commitment to workplace health and safety through active involvement and implementation of Cochlear’s WHS and Injury management procedures.
- Demonstrate WH&S leadership and due diligence through active promotion of Health and
- Safety standards and procedures and ensure that people are suitably trained to perform roles effectively and safely.
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science degree.
- Experience with management of application development or testing across different applications and regions.
- Knowledge of software testing strategies and approaches
- Experience with testing in Agile environment.
- Strong negotiation and Change Management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to delegate appropriately.
- Proven ability in relationship building and influencing skills in a business and IT environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of SDLC.
- Good understanding of the requirements analysis, definition and specification process.
- Good understanding of test tools, including principles of test automation
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to testing and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Preferably holding a release/test management/test lead role.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now